Camarillo Springs Wildfire Broke Out In California; Spread Over 18000 Acres
Camarillo Springs Wildfire broke on 2 May 2013 near Camarillo in California. The fires tripled in size since 3 May 2013.
Camarillo Springs Wildfire broke on 2 May 2013 near Camarillo in California. Six huge wildfires in all broke in California, which tripled in size since 3 May 2013. Over 3000 fire fighters struggle with the blazes in California. Among these wildfires, one of the fiercest fire compelled shutting down Pacific Coast Highway for second time, with 30-mile stretch off-limits.
Camarillo Springs Wildfire is spread over the area of 18000 acres. The wildfires, also known as Springs Fire reached north-west of Los Angeles, thereby posing a major threat to various homes as well. Fire crews in America have already dealt with 680 wildfires in 2013. This Springs Fire has already damaged over 12 homes and there are more than 4000 other homes at risk.
Weather change affecting Springs Fire
Change in wind direction is also affecting the wildfire because the wind fanned the fire through coastal wilderness to the beach. The fire is fanned by dry Santa Ana winds. These winds are occurring late in 2013. It is the strange weather pattern and is also affecting the firemen dealing with the wildfire.
However, the National Weather Service predicted that calmer ocean air might raise humidity level which would help in fighting the fire.
Other fires in the recent past in California
• McNally Fire in 2002 spread over 150700 acres was the largest fire in Sequoia NF history.
• In 2003, Old Fire broke out over an area of 91281 acres.
• Cedar Fire in 2003, spread over an area of 280278 acres was the largest recorded fire in the history of California.
• September 2005 California wildfires broke out over an area of 17000 acres.
• Esperanza Fire broke out in 2006 over 40200 acres of area.
• In 2007, Angora Fire broke out in California over 3500 acres of area.
• In 2007, Zaca Fire broke out in California over 240207 acres of area. It was the second largest fire recorded in the history of California.
• California wildfires of October 2007 were a series of wildfires over 500000 acres of area.
• In 2008, summer 2008 California wildfires broke out in Northern California. It was spread over 1557293 acres of area.
• In 2009, Station Fire broke out in California. It was spread over 157220 acres of area. It is the 10th largest fire in the history of the state.
• In 2012, Ponderosa Fire broke in California. It was spread over 28098 acres of area and destroyed 52 residences and 81 outbuildings apart from damaging 1 residence and 5 outbuildings.