China unveiled world's first facial recognition ATM machine
The ATM machine was created by Tsinghua University and Hangzhou-based technology company Tzekwan.
China on 30 May 2015 unveiled the world's first facial recognition ATM which will not allow users to withdraw cash unless their face matches their IDs. The ATM machine was created by Tsinghua University and Hangzhou-based technology company Tzekwan.
Highlights of the ATM Machine
• The machine is a combination of high speed ban-knote handling, improved counterfeit-bill recognition and face recognition.
• It has a camera installed in it that captures the facial features of the user and then compares it with a database of identification photos.
• It looks at the biological features and can identify people even if their facial features have changed.
• It will help in preventing thieves from accessing other people's accounts as the ATM records the serial number of every bank note deposited.
• The machine is 20 percent more accurate at verifying the authenticity of multiple currencies compared with the average ATM used globally.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App