CSIR-CIMFR inked MoU for coal quality analysis with coal supplying companies
The CSIR-CIMFR would make use of its knowledge base support in maintaining the quality of coal at national level for the entire power sector.
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Central Institute of Mining and Fuel Research (CSIR-CIMFR) on 28 June 2016 inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Coal Supplying companies and Power Utilities for quality analysis of coal being supplied to power utilities by coal companies.
Highlights of the MoU
• The CSIR-CIMFR would make use of its knowledge base support in maintaining the quality of coal at national level for the entire power sector.
• It is estimated that about 300 million metric tons of coal samples would be analyzed for quality per year.
• The contract value of the project is around 250 crore rupees per annum at minimum.
• It is also expected that this project will result in improvement in performance of power plants besides leveraging benefits to the consumer in particular and society as a whole.
• The endeavour would help the nation in sustainable energy supply and security planning for future as it may reduce import of thermal coal.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App