Current Affairs in Short: 05 January 2023
Ashwini Vaishnaw, Union Minister for Communications, Information Technology, and Railways, has launched high-speed fifth-generation (5G) communication services in Odisha.
UN-Habitat's World Habitat Awards 2023: Odisha wins award for Jaga mission
- Odisha won the UN- Habitat's World Habitat Awards 2023 for the Jaga mission. The mission is a 5T initiative of the state.
- The awards recognize and showcase innovative, exceptional, and game-changing housing concepts, initiatives, and programmes from throughout the world.
- The Jaga mission is a land titling and slum rehabilitation initiative that attempts to improve slum residents' lives.
Australian player Steve Smith broke record of highest test centuries of Sir Donald Bradman
- On January 5, 2023, Australia's Steve Smith smashed another century, breaking the great Sir Donald Bradman's record for the most Test hundreds in Australian history.
- Smith scored his 30th century in the game's longest format.
- Smith became the fourth Australian to achieve 30 after Ricky Ponting (41), Steve Waugh (32), and Matthew Hayden (30).
Kuldeep Singh Pathania elected as speaker of Himachal Pradesh Assembly
- Kuldeep Singh Pathania, a senior Congress lawmaker and five-time MLA, was unanimously elected Speaker of the Himachal Pradesh Assembly by voice vote on January 5, 2023.
- Following his election, Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu and Leader of the Opposition Jai Ram Thakur accompanied Mr. Pathania to the Speaker's chair.
Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw launched high-speed 5G telecom services in Odisha
- Ashwini Vaishnaw, Union Minister for Communications, Information Technology, and Railways, has launched high-speed fifth-generation (5G) communication services in Odisha.
- Following the introduction of the service, the Minister stated that by August 2024, the whole state of Odisha will be covered by telecom towers, with fibre reaching every hamlet.
- Vaishnaw went on to say that with government assistance, it will grow into a powerful organization. He stated that the administration of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has set aside 5,600 million rupees to build 5,000 towers in 7,000 villages throughout Odisha.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS