1000 people get benefit of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana on first day of launch
• Health Minister J P Nadda announced that 1000 people have been benefited on the first day after the launch of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY).
• The scheme was started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi from Ranchi in Jharkhand on September 23, 2018.
• The scheme is the world's largest government-funded healthcare programme targeting more than 50 crore beneficiaries.
• Under the scheme, over ten crore families will be provided health assurance with Rs 5 lakh each every year.
PM Modi pays tributes to Deendayal Upadhyaya on his birth anniversary
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 25, 2018 paid tributes to Deendayal Upadhyaya on his birth anniversary.
• 25th September is observed as Antyodaya Diwas every year to mark the birth anniversary of Deendayal Upadhyaya.
• Deendayal Upadhyaya was born in Mathura in 1916 and he was the leader of the Bharatiya Jana Sangh from 1953 to 1968.
• Upadhyaya, a philosopher and a leader who maintained the highest standards of personal integrity, has been the source of ideological guidance and moral inspiration for the BJP since its inception.
• Upadhyay is best remembered for his principle of integral humanism, which has been defined as a classless, casteless and conflict-free social order.
First assembly of ISA; Second ministerial of IORA; Second REINVEST meet to be held in India
• The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy is organising the First Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA); the 2nd Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Renewable Energy Ministerial Meeting and the 2nd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo, (REINVEST- 2018) in New Delhi.
• The three events will be inaugurated in a common function by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in the presence of Antonio Guterres, Secretary General of United Nations on October 2, 2018.
• The Business and Technical Sessions of ISA Assembly, IORA Meet and RE-INVEST 2018 Expo will be held at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida, UP.
Payroll Reporting in India – A Formal Employment Perspective
• The Central Statistics Office (CSO), under the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, released the Employment Outlook of the country covering the period September 2017 to July 2018, based on the administrative records available with selected government agencies. This is the Fourth in this series of employment statistics.
• The Ministry brought out the first release of employment related statistics in April 2018 covering the period September 2017 to February 2018, using information on the number of subscribers who have availed benefits under three major schemes, namely, the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPFO), Employees’ State Insurance Scheme (ESIC) and the National Pension Scheme (NPS).
• The second such report was released in May 2018, covering the period September 2017 to March 2018.
• The Third report was released in June 2018, covering the period September 2017 to April 2018.
India, China to sign internal security cooperation agreement
• India and China will sign an internal security cooperation agreement during the forthcoming visit of China's Minister of Public Security to India.
• Zhao Kezhi, China's Minister of Public Security is expected to visit India in October 2018 and hold meetings with Home Minister Rajnath Singh during which they will discuss various aspects of security cooperation between the two countries.
• During the visit of the Chinese leader, an agreement on internal security cooperation between the two countries will be signed.
• The proposed pact is expected to cover areas of intelligence sharing, exchange programme, sharing of best practices, and cooperation in disaster mitigation besides others.
India to organise 'Gandhi March' in Netherlands
• India will organise 'Gandhi March' from the iconic Peace Palace at the Hague to Grote Kerk to launch the two-year long celebrations of the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
• According to a statement issued by the Indian Embassy in Hague, the 'Gandhi March' will see participation of people of all nationalities and around 20 ambassadors of different countries.
• On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti on October 2, marked as International Day of Non-Violence, five other events will be held in The Hague, Amsterdam, Utrecht and Zoetermeer.
• The Netherlands has a special connection to India and Mahatma Gandhi. There are around thirty streets in the country named after Mahatma Gandhi.
Statue of Nelson Mandela unveiled at United Nations
• A statue of Nelson Mandela was unveiled at the United Nations to honour the late South African leader's birth.
• This year marks the 100th birth anniversary of Nelson Mandela and the UN is declaring 2019-2028 the "Nelson Mandela Decade of Peace”.
• Mandela embodied the highest values of the United Nations peace, forgiveness, compassion and human dignity.
UAE to host Interfaith Alliance Forum in November 2018
• The UAE will host the Interfaith Alliance Forum in Abu Dhabi on November 19-20, 2018.
• The announcement was made during a press conference held at the Ministry of Interior headquarters in Abu Dhabi.
• The forum aims to address and discuss social challenges and to strengthen efforts by religious leaders to formulate cohesive ideas that enhance the protection of the young individuals from extortion and crime via the internet.
• The Interfaith Alliance Forum coincides with World Children's Day, celebrated on November 20, highlighting the importance of unifying views among religions and cultures to ensure the protection of children.
• An estimated 450 religious leaders and spiritual advisors are expected to participate in the Forum.
Assam government to provide electricity connection to all households by 31 December
• The Assam government will provide electricity connection to all households by December 31, 2018 under SOUVAGYA scheme.
• 78 percent works have already been completed as of now.
• Over 13 lakh families remaining will get connection by this year.
• 40 thousand solar connections would be given at difficult areas.
• 3500 appointments will be given in the Power sector in the state.
• Rs 5000 crore have been earmarked to construct new roads under Assammala project.
• Under Assammala, main roads will be constructed in the next 3 years in the state.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week