Current Affairs in Short: 27 November 2019
The CCEA, in the leadership of PM Narendra Modi, has decided to increase the authorized capital of Food Corporation of India (FCI).
Authorized capital of FCI enhanced to Rs. 10,000 cr
• The CCEA in the leadership of PM Narendra Modi has decided to increase the authorized capital of Food Corporation of India (FCI).
• Earlier, the amount of authorized capital of FCI was 3500 and now, it will be Rs. 10,000 crores.
• As per the information released by the government of India, additional equity capital will be infused in FCI by union budget. That will help to fund food grain stocks across the country.
NuGen Mobility Summit 2019
• NuGen Mobility Summit 2019 has been launched at ICAT Gurugram. Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport and Highways said that auto industries should bring new technology in auto-industry.
• He also said that the new motor vehicle act will help to introduce new innovations and research works in the auto industry.
• NuGen Mobility Summit will witness various industry experts and technology companies. Nitin Gadkari said that Bio-diesel, Bio-CNG, Ethanol and Methanol will support the future of the auto industry.
Parliament passes Design Institution (Amendment), Bill
• The Parliament has recently passed the National Institute of Design (Amendment) Bill, 2019. The National Institute of Design, 2014 Act will be amended by this bill.
• Four national design institutes of Andhra Pradesh (Amravati), Assam (Jorhat), Madhya Pradesh (Bhopal) and Haryana (Kurukshetra) will be declared institutions of national importance by this bill.
• Currently, these institutions have been registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, they do not have the power to award diplomas and degrees.
Cartoonist Sudhir Dhar passes away
• Eminent cartoonist Sudhir Dhar passed away on November 26 due to cardiac arrest. He was 87
• He worked with various national and international newspapers. He was known as a famous critic of current issues.
• Sudhir Dhar started his career in 1961 with ‘The Statesman’. His cartoons were published in 'The Independent', 'The Pioneer', 'Delhi Times', 'New York Times' and many more newspapers.
Kartayva Portal launched by HRD Minister
• The Union Human Resource Development Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched the portal kartavya.ugc.ac.in as part of the ongoing ‘Nagrik Kartavya Paalan Abhiyan’ across the country.
• Apart from that, he launched the AICTE's portal ‘Abhiyanta’. This portal will include Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Big Data etc.
• The Department of Higher Education will conduct 11 rounds of national essay writing competition during the year and the subject of the essay will be based on a fundamental duty.