Current Affairs in Short: 28 November 2019
Santosh Kumar Gangwar , Labour and Employment Minister, introduced the Industrial Relation Code bill-2019 in the Lok Sabha today.
Industrial Relation Code bill-2019 introduced in Lok Sabha
• Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Labour and Employment Minister, introduced the Industrial Relation Code bill-2019 in the Lok Sabha today.
• The objective of the bill is to set up a two-member tribunal for speedy disposal of the cases. It introduces a concept that some of the important cases will be adjudicated jointly and the rest by a single-member resulting speedier disposal of cases.
• Fixed Term Employment definition has also given in the bill. The fixed-term employment will not include any notice period or payment.
Indian Navy successfully test-fired Brahmos Cruise Missile
• BrahMos missile was successfully test-fired by Indian Navy with a strike range of 290 km.
• BrahMos is a medium-range supersonic missile. Now, it can be used by the Indian Navy, Military and Air Force.
• Indian Navy conducted its test in the Arabian Sea. Earlier, Indian Air Force test-fired BrahMos missile from Su-30 MKI fighter jet.
50th Film Festival of India concluded in Goa
• The 50th Film Festival of India concluded in Panaji, Goa today. The festival had various categories of films like sports, history, action.
• The film festival featured 200 films from 76 countries. The film festival is one of the most prestigious film festivals in India and Asia.
• Many dignitaries including Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth, Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant, Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar attended the ceremony of the festival.
47th All India Police Science Congress
• A 2-day All India Police Science Congress (AIPSC) has started at Lucknow today. It is the 47th session of the AIPSC.
• The objective of this programme is to focus on various issues related to the police. It has five related topics on challenges in policing.
• Uttar Pradesh is hosting AIPSC after 22 years. Chief of the event was former IPS and Puducherry LG Kiran Bedi.
Muttiah Muralitharan becomes Governor of Northern Province of Sri Lanka
• Former Sri Lankan spinner Muttiah Muralitharan has been appointed as the Governor of the Northern Province of Sri Lanka.
• The majority of the population is Tamil in the area. He was elected with the consent of the President of Sri Lanka.
• Sri Lanka’s newly elected President Gautabaya Rajapaksa personally invited Muralitharan to become the governor of the province.