Current Affairs in Short: 30 September 2019
The Indian team defeated Bangladesh by 2-1 in the final match of SAFF under-18 championship. The Indian team has won the SAFF U-18 cup for the first time.
Team India wins SAFF U-18 Championship title for first time
• The Indian team defeated Bangladesh by 2-1 in the final match of SAFF under-18 championship. The Indian team has won the SAFF U-18 cup for the first time.
• Ninthoinganba Meetei of India was announced the Most Valuable Player of the SAFF U-18 championship.
• India was runner-up in 2015 and finished third in 2017. The SAFF U-18 held at Nepal this year, Nepal won two editions of the championship.
National Nutrition Survey held
• The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare organised the first-ever comprehensive National Nutrition Survey.
• According to the reports of this survey, about 10 percent of children in the age group of 5-9 years and in the age group of 10-19 years are pre-diabetic.
• The survey also informed that about 7% of children and adolescents have risks of chronic kidney diseases.
IPCC meet on climate change begins in New Delhi
• Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has started its second Lead Author Meeting on climate change in New Delhi.
• Participants from around 65 countries and more than 200 authors including 12 from India are participating in this week-long meeting.
• The IPCC was established by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) in 1988. Its objective is to assess the science related to climate change. About 195 countries are members of the group.
K Siva Reddy gets Saraswati Samman
• A famous Telugu Poet K Siva has been awarded Saraswati Samman recently. He got this award for Pakkaki Ottigilite.
• A selection committee picks up the winner after a rigorous procedure of selection. The Saraswati Samman carries a cash prize of Rs. 15 lakh.
• Pakkaki Ottigilite is a collection of K Siva’s poems which was published in 2016. The collection comprises 104 poems in blank versus.