The day’s one liner covers important current affairs of the day like 2016 World AIDS Day, Brazilian football club and North-Eastern Space Applications Centre among others.
• The United Nations Department of Field Support recently launched a new strategy to - Maximize its peace operations' efficiency in the use of natural resources
• The UNESCO recently added rumba dance to its coveted list of Intangible Cultural Heritage. The dance belongs to - Cuba
• The theme of the 2016 World AIDS Day is - Hands up for #HIVprevention
• The winner of the 2016 World Chess Championship is - Magnus Carlsen
• The country that hosted the 50th anniversary of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) is - India
• Ghazipur garbage to be used for - Highway construction
• The Brazilian football club which lost most of its players and officials in the Columbian plane crash - Chapecoense
• North-Eastern Space Applications Centre to use drones to assess – Areas damaged by natural disasters
• The Union Cabinet recently approved the rehabilitation package of Rs 2000 crore for displaced families from - Pakistan occupied Jammu & Kashmir
• The Central Statistical Office in November 2016 announced that India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) accelerated to- 7.3 percent
• Head of the Committee of Chief Ministers on demonetisation that was constituted recently- N Chandrababu Naidu
• Indian Film that was invited by the United Nations for a special screening at its headquarters in New York, USA- Pink
• Bank that tied up with Bajaj Finance to launch a series of co-branded credit cards for Indian customers- RBL Bank
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.