Current Affairs Questions-Answers for May 2016-Descriptive Questions
Descriptive Questions brought to you by jagranjosh.com covering current affairs like Assembly Election 2016, Chabahar Port Deal, World Wildlife Crime report and other national and international affairs will be of immense help for the students.
Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of May 2016 will be of immense help for the students.
1. Why these personalities were in news? (in 30 words)
(i) Fatma Samba Diouf Samoura
(ii) KC Mathew
(iii) Deepak Shodhan
(iv) Baba Hardev Singh
(v) Ashok Lavasa
(vi) Philip Abraham
(vii) Kiran Bedi
(viii) Han Kang
(ix) Pinarayi Vijayan
(x) O Rajagopal
2. Discuss on following in not more than 150 words
(i) Discuss the major achievements of 2 year of NDA government and also enumerate the challenges it faces.
(ii) “Assembly elections 2016 results show that people now prefer a stable government over a coalition government.” Comment
3. Write on following in 100 words:
(i) Chabahar Port deal and its significance to India
(ii) Draft National Policy for Women 2016
(iii) Charter on Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Humanitarian Action
4. Write on the following developments in Indian States in not more than 100 words
(i) Delhi Statehood Bill 2016
(ii) Smart Village Programme of Gujarat
(iii) Green Passage Scheme of Odisha
(iv) Chandranna Bima Yojana of Andhra Pradesh
(v) Haryana Backward Classes Act 2016
(vi) PEHAL programme of Himachal Pradesh
(vii) Odisha Official Language (Amendment) Ordinance 2016
5. “It’s the drought in action which has made drought in India more worrisome despite the existence of public infrastructure in place.” Critically examine the statement in light of various measures launched by the Government of India to tackle drought.
6. Write about the following developments in not more than 50 words:
(i) Medicines with the Red Line
(ii) Ghar Sodhon
(v) HIFiRE hypersonic superjet technology
(vii) World’s first Scanning Helium Micrscope
(viii) Yaogan-30 remote sensing satellite
(ix) JCSAT-14 Communication Satellite
(x) TRAPPIST telescope
7. “Poaching and illegal trade of thousands of different species across the globe presents real environmental dangers.” Examine it in the light of inaugural World Wildlife Crime report.
8. US House of Representatives nod to bolster defence ties with India on par with NATO is a step towards furthering Obama’s ‘Pivot to Asia’ doctrine. Critically examine it in light of the recent developments in India-US bilateral relations.
9. Briefly discuss the following in 200 words:
(i) NITI Aayog’s 15-year Vision document
(ii) Pradhan Mantri Ujjawla Yojana
(iii) SEBI norms on P-Notes
(iv) Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code Bill 2016
10. Examine the main highlights of National Capital Goods Policy 2016.