1 December 2016, Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 50th anniversary of UNCITRAL, 2016 World Chess Championship and UNESCO’s list of Intangible Cultural Heritage among others.
1. The 50th anniversary of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) was recently hosted by which of the following countries?
b) United States of America
2. Who won the 2016 World Chess Championship?
a) Sergey Karjakin
b) Garry Kasparov
c) Viswanathan Anand
d) Magnus Carlsen
3. What was the theme of the 2016 World AIDS Day?
a) Getting to zero
b) The time to act is now
c) Hands up for #HIVprevention
d) None of the above
4. The UNESCO recently added rumba dance to its coveted list of Intangible Cultural Heritage. The dance belongs to which of the following countries?
5. Which of the following departments of the United Nations recently launched a new strategy to maximize its peace operations' efficiency in the use of natural resources?
a) Department of Field Support
b) United Nations Environment Programme
c) United Nations Development Programme
d) Department of Economic and Social Affairs
6. The Union Cabinet recently approved the rehabilitation package of what amount for displaced families from Pakistan occupied Jammu & Kashmir (POJK)?
a) Rs 2000 crore
b) Rs 2500 crore
c) Rs 5000 crore
d) Rs 7500 crore
7. The Central Statistical Office in November 2016 announced that India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) accelerated to what percentage?
a) 7.1 percent
b) 7.3 percent
c) 7.6 percent
d) 7.7 percent
8. Who will head the Committee of Chief Ministers on demonetisation that was constituted recently?
a) Manohar Lal Khattar
b) Pinarayi Vijayan
c) Shaktikanta Das
d) N Chandrababu Naidu
9. Which Indian Film was invited by the United Nations for a special screening at its headquarters in New York, USA?
10. Which bank tied up with Bajaj Finance to launch a series of co-branded credit cards for Indian customers?
a) ICICI Bank
b) HDFC Bank
c) IDBI Bank
d) RBL Bank
11. Bangladesh will honour the families of 1668 martyrs of the Indian Army who fought in the Bangladesh liberation war. Which year was the war fought in?
12. Which Brazilian football club lost most of its team in the Columbian plane crash?
b) Atletico Nacional
13. What is the purpose of drones employed by The North-Eastern Space Applications Centre?
a) To map water bodies
b) To map areas affected by natural disasters
c) To map soil erosion
d) To map the roadways
14. The waste collected at the Ghazipur landfill site will be used for what purpose?
a) Plant manure
b) Highway construction
c) Drain blocking
d) Foundation for new buildings
15. Name the state whose Raj Bhawan became India’s first to adopt the cashless system for all kind of payment.
a) Himachal Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
1. (a) India
2. (d) Magnus Carlsen
3. (c) Hands up for #HIVprevention
4. (c) Cuba
5. (a) Department of Field Support
6. (a) Rs 2000 crore
7. (b) 7.3 percent
8. (d) N Chandrababu Naidu
10. (d) RBL Bank
12. (a) Chapecoense
13. (b) To map areas affected by natural disasters
14. (b) Highway construction
15. (a) Himachal Pradesh