13 May 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics like no school bag day in state-run schools, new Chancellor of JNU and world’s most affordable tech city among others.
1. India will be signing a MoU with which country to increase bilateral cooperation in urban transport policy?
2. Tejas successfully test-fired Derby Air-to-Air BVR missile in RADAR guided mode. What kind of aircraft is Tejas?
a) Heavy Combat Aircraft
b) Light Combat Aircraft
c) Sukhoi Su
d) Mikoyan MiG
3. Which state’s government is planning to declare "no school bag day" on Saturdays in all the state-run schools?
a) Uttar Pradesh
4. Researchers belonging to which IIT branch successfully produced white light using a mixture of two natural extracts, red pomegranate and turmeric?
a) IIT Kharagpur
b) IIT Kanpur
c) IIT Bombay
d) IIT Madras
5. Which among the following was ranked world’s most affordable tech city as per Savills Tech Cities 2017 rankings?
a) Bengaluru, India
b) Buenos Aeries, Argentina
c) Coepnhagen, Denmark
d) Cape Town, South Africa
6. When is the International Nurse day observed every year?
a) 9 May
b) 10 May
c) 11 May
d) 12 May
7. What was the 2017 theme of ‘International Nurses Day’ celebrated on 12 May 2017?
a) Nurses: A Force for Change: Improving health system’s resilience
b) Nursing: A voice to lead- Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
c) Ensuring Safety of Nurses in War ZONE
d) Nurses: A Force for Change: Care Effective, Cost Effective
8. Who was appointed as the Chancellor of JNU recently?
a) Sandeep Tomar
b) Harpreet Singh
c) V K Saraswat
d) Yogeshwar Dutt
9. Karan Singh, who passed away recently, was the Cabinet minister of which Indian state?
d) Himachal Pradesh
10. Airports Authority of India flagged Ambulance service with Advanced Life Support Systems (ALS) in which Indian state?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
11. Which state’s CM launched the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojna in the state?
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
12. The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared an Ebola outbreak in which African nation?
13. Which state’s government has decided to provide free medical tests of certain diseases to poor patients?
d) Uttar Pradesh
14. Which Bollywood celebrity has been appointed by the World Health Organisation as its goodwill ambassador for hepatitis in South-East Asia region?
a) Amitabh Bachchan
b) Salman Khan
c) Shahrukh Khan
d) Aamir Khan
15. Which among the following has become the first state to introduce a logo for vehicles driven by persons with hearing impairment?
2.(b) Light Combat Aircraft
3.(a) Uttar Pradesh
6.(d) 12 May
7.(c) V K Saraswat
8.(d) Himachal Pradesh
9.(d) Arunachal Pradesh
13.(a) Amitabh Bachchan
14. (d) Telangana
15. (b) Nursing: A voice to lead- Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.