13 September 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like death of gay rights activist, survey of Un-appraised Areas of Sedimentary Basins and FM Channel named Tragopan among others.
1. A famous gay rights activist, whose same-sex marriage fight led to a landmark US ruling, passed away recently. Name him/her.
a) Scott Long
b) Edith Windsor
c) Phyllis Lyon
d) Del Martin
2. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs recently approved survey of Un-appraised Areas of Sedimentary Basins. How many sedimentary basins are there in India?
3. India signed 10 MoUs to expand cooperation in areas like youth affairs, oil and gas, skill development, scientific research and education with which country?
4. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi released commemorative postage stamp with President Aleksander Grigoryevich Lukashenko to mark the 25th anniversary of India’s diplomatic relationship with which country?
5. The Union Cabinet has approved signing of MoU on cooperation in the field of health between India and which North African country?
6. India has signed a MoU on cooperation in the field of disaster management with which former Soviet republic?
7. Which state government has declared 96 tehsils of 21 districts across the state as drought hit?
8. All India Radio, Kohima will soon be launching its FM Channel. The channel’s name Tragopan is named after which official state entity?
9. Name the Financial center that was placed at first position in September issue of the Global Financial Centres Index that was released in September 2017 by Z/Yen group.
b) New York
10. Z/Yen group on 11 September 2017 released its twenty-second Global Financial Centres Index (GFCI 22). Which Indian city was placed in the index?
11. Name the Indian-American person who was appointed as the Deputy Assistant to the President and Principal Deputy Press Secretary by President Donald Trump in September 2017.
a) Neil Chaterjee
b) Vishal Amin
c) Raj Shah
d) Krishna Urs
12. The Supreme Court recently ruled that the six months cooling period in divorce cases can be waived off by a trial court. This cooling period was directed under which Act?
a) Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
b) The Special Marriage Act, 1954
c) The Foreign Marriage Act, 1969
d) All of them
13. Where was Second State Start up Conference held?
14. India's 3rd generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) Nag was successfully flight tested by DRDO. The missile can hit a target up to what kilometres?
a) 4 km
b) 5 km
c) 7 km
d) 10 km
15. How much per cent of additional Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees was approved by Union Cabinet recently?
a) 1 per cent
b) 2 per cent
c) 3 per cent
d) 4 per cent
1. (b) Edith Windsor
2. (a) 26
3. (d) Belarus
4. (c) Belarus
5. (d) Morocco
6. (b) Armenia
7. (d) Chhattisgarh
8. (d) Bird
9. (d) London
10. (b) Mumbai
11. (c) Raj Shah
12. (a) Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
13. (a) Delhi
14. (c) 7 Km
15. (a) 1 per cent