Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan, Mission Drinking Water, Brexit among others.
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 14 April 2016 launched 'Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan’ from which state?
a) Madhya Pradesh
2. The harvest festival, Vishu is the festival of which Indian state that was celebrated on 14 April 2016 with joy?
a) Andhra Pradesh
3. Name the state that on 13 April 2016 launched ‘Mission Drinking Water.
c) Uttar Pradesh
4. According to IMF Brexit would be a threat for global growth. The term Brexit is associated with which country?
5. Kalash (Kalasha), a community of a Dardic indigenous people with a population of around 3000 resides in which country?
6. Who on 14 April 2016 was appointed the President of the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, which was reconstituted on the same day?
a) Ram Bahadur Rai
b) Chandraprakash Dwivedi
c) Sonal Mansingh
d) Prasoon Joshi
7. Identify the nuclear capable undersea ballistic missile that was successfully test fired on 31 March 2016 from an undisclosed location in the Bay of Bengal.
8. Name the cricketer who on 13 April 2016 was named the Wisden's Leading Cricketer in the World for the year 2015.
a) Brendon McCullum
b) Kumar Sangakkara
c) Kane Williamson
d) Virat Kohli
9. Which state on 12 April 2016 announced the formation of a new Integrated Tribal Development Agency?
d) Andhra Pradesh
10. Who on 12 April 2016 was appointed the Director General of Haryana Police?
a) K P Singh
b) Yashpal Singhal
c) K Selvaraj
d) Satrujeet Singh Kapur
11. The Union Cabinet was apprised about the MoU signed between India and a country in September, 2011 on bilateral cooperation in the field of Fisheries. Name the country with which the MoU was inked?
b) Sri Lanka
12. According the World Bank’s annual report Migration and Development Brief, which country was the largest remittance recipient in 2015?
c) United States
13. Name the state or Union Territory that on 11 April 2016 approved its Slum and JJ Rehabilitation and Relocation Policy, 2015 that focuses on in-situ development for the city’s urban poor.
14. Identify the Programme under which India and Germany signed an Implementation agreement for Ganga Rejuvenation on 13 April 2016.
a) Ganga Rejuvenation Programme
b) Holy Ganga Purify Programme
c) Namami Gange Programme
d) None of the above
15. Identify the network for which Union Cabinet approved India to become a member to strengthen relations with the other member countries to safeguard trans-boundary wildlife on 13 April 2016?
a) Wildlife Enforcement Monitoring System (WEMS)
b) Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES)
c) Wildlife Friendly Enterprise Network (WFEN)
d) South Asia Wildlife Enforcement Network (SAWEN)
1. (a) Madhya Pradesh
2. (b) Kerala
3. (d) Maharashtra
4. (b) Britain
5. (a) Pakistan
6. (a) Ram Bahadur Rai
7. (b) K-4 Missile
8. (c) Kane Williamson
9. (d) Andhra Pradesh
10. (a) KP Singh
11. (a) Bangladesh
12. (a) India
13. (a) Delhi
14. (c) Namami Gange Programme
15. (d) South Asia Wildlife Enforcement Network