Current Affairs Quiz: 14 February 2020
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as FIH Men's Player of the Year 2019 award, UK’s new Finance Minister and ‘COP26' host nation among others.
14 February 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as FIH Men's Player of the Year 2019 award, UK’s new Finance Minister and ‘COP26' host nation among others.
1. Who has become the first Indian to win FIH Men's Player of the Year 2019 award?
a) Vivek Sagar Prasad
c) Manpreet Singh
d) Jagmeet Singh
2. Who has been named as UK’s new Finance Minister?
a) Narayana Murthy
b) Priti Patel
c) Rishi Sunak
d) Alok Sharma
3. Who has been made the in-charge of ‘COP26', which will be hosted by Britain in November 2020?
a) Priti Patel
b) Rishi Sunak
c) Navdeep Bains
d) Alok Sharma
4. India and Portugal exchanged how many agreements during the state visit by Portuguese President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa on February 14, 2020?
5. Which Indian boxer was ranked no. 1 by IOC's Boxing Task Force rankings for Olympic Qualifiers?
a) Gaurav Bidhuri
b) Shiva Thapa
c) Amit Panghal
d) Vikas Krishnan
6. As per World Meteorological Organization, Antarctica recorded its hottest-ever temperature recently. What was the temperature reading?
a) 18.3 Degrees Celsius
b) 20.75 Degree Celsius
c) 21.25 Degree Celsius
d) 19.4 Degrees Celsius
7. Which country will host the UN Climate Summit ‘COP26'?
8. Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya’s Pancha Loha Statue will be inaugurated by PM Modi on February 16, 2020 in which city?
9. Who has been appointed as Air India’s new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD)?
a) Rajiv Bansal
b) Arun Negi
c) Sanjay Jain
d) Manish Kumar
10. Which city will host National Organic Food Festival in New Delhi?
d) New Delhi
1. (c) Manpreet Singh
Indian Hockey Team captain Manpreet Singh has become the first Indian to win FIH’s Men's Player of the Year 2019 award. He beat Belgium's Arthur van Dorren and Argentina’s Lucas Villa to win the honour.
2. (c) Rishi Sunak
Indian-origin Rishi Sunak has been named as the new Finance Minister of the United Kingdom by PM Boris Johnson.
3. (d) Alok Sharma
Alok Sharma was named as the new UK Minister in charge of the crucial UN climate summit, ‘COP26', which will hosted by Britain in November 2020. Sharma is also the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy under UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson's government.
4. (a) Seven
India and Portugal exchanged 7 MoUs on February 14, 2020 to expand cooperation in areas such as industrial and intellectual property rights, maritime transport, port development and audio-visual co-production.
5. (c) Amit Panghal
Amit Panghal was ranked number one by the IOC’s Boxing Task Force ahead of next month's Olympic Qualifiers. Amit had won the historic silver medal at the World Championships in the 52-kg weight category.
6. (b) 20.75 Degree Celsius
Antarctica recorded its hottest-ever temperature of 20.75 degrees Celsius recently, according to the World Meteorological Organization. The highest temperature recorded previously in the continent was 18.3 Degrees Celsius, which was recorded in January 1982.
7. (b) UK
The United Kingdom will host the UN Climate Summit ‘COP26' in November 2020. The UK Secretary of State, Alok Sharma will lead the UN climate talks.
8. (c) Varanasi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Pancha Loha Statue of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya in Varanasi on February 16, 2020. On the same occasion, PM Modi will dedicate the Pt Deendayal Upadhyaya Memorial Centre to the nation.
9. (a) Rajiv Bansal
Rajiv Bansal was recently appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Air India. Bansal is an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Officer from Nagaland Cadre of 1988 batch.
10. (d) New Delhi
The central government would be organizing the National Organic Food Festival in New Delhi from February 21-23, 2020. The first-of-its-kind festival will see participation from over 150 women.