Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Operation to rescue/rehabilitate the missing children, 59th National shooting championship, and Panel on One Rank One Pension scheme among others.
1. Name the state/Union Territory that on 15 December 2015 became the first state to implement recommendations of the Supreme court-appointed three-member committee on Road Safety.
2. What is the rank of India in terms of Human Development Index (HDI) as per Human Development Report 2015 released on 14 December 2015?
3. The United Nations (UN) on 14 December 2015 released the Human Development Report 2015. What was the title of the report?
a) Human Development Necessities
b) Sustainable Human Development
c) Work for Human Development
d) A Progressive Human Development
4. Union Government on 14 December 2015 requested the States and Union Territories (UT) to start an Operation from 1 January 2016 to rescue/rehabilitate the missing children. Name it.
a) Operation Muskaan-II
b) Operation Smile-II
c) Operation Valsalya-II
d) Operation Life
5. Identify the retired justice who on 14 December 2015 was appointed as the head of the Judicial Committee which will look into the implementation of One Rank One Pension scheme for the ex-servicemen.
a) S H Kapadia
b) L Narasimha Reddy
c) Ghulam Hasan
d) Yogesh Kumar Sabharwal
6. Identify the veteran music composer who on 14 December 2015 was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award by the West Bengal Government.
a) Anil Biswas
b) Himangshu Dutta
c) Bappi Lahiri
d) Salil Chowdhury
7. Identify the notable violinist who on 14 December 2015 was announced as the 2016 Genesis Prize Laureate.
a) Itzhak Perlman
b) Saul Davies
c) Jerry Goodman
d) Gavyn Wright
8. Identify the golf player who on 14 December 2015 won the Asian Tour’s Order of Merit 2015.
a) Shiv Chawrasia
b) Rashid Khan
c) Ashbeer Saini
d) Anirban Lahiri
9. The 10-day long Losar festival that began on 12 December 2015 in Ladakh region marks which of the following occasions for Buddhists?
a) Buddha’s birth anniversary
b) New Year
c) Arrival of winter
d) Buddha’s arrival to the region
10. Who among the following on 13 December 2015 won the centre fire pistol gold in the 59th National shooting championship?
a) Vijay Kumar
b) Gurpreet Singh
c) Pemba Tamang
d) Achal Pratap Singh Grewal
11. In which city the 59th National shooting championship began on 1 December 2015?
d) New Delhi
12. Who of the following will chair the task force that was constituted by Maharashtra Government on 11 December 2015 for setting up an International Financial Service Centre (IFSC) in Mumbai?
a) Poonam Mahajan
b) Swadheen Kshtriya
c) Nitin Kareer
d) Jayant Sinha
13. In which city the 26th Conference of Southern Zonal Council was held on 12 December 2015?
14. Which multilateral agency in December 2015 released the report entitled Shock Waves: Managing the Impacts of Climate Change on Poverty?
a) International Monetary Fund
b) World Bank
c) World Trade Organisation
d) Asian Development Bank
15. As per the Shock Waves: Managing the Impacts of Climate Change on Poverty report released in December 2015, how many million people will be dragged into poverty due to climate change by 2030?
1-(c) 6-(c) 11-(d)
2-(a) 7-(a) 12-(d)
3-(c) 8-(d) 13-(a)
4-(b) 9-(b) 14-(b)
5-(b) 10-(a) 15-(d)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.