Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Safe Motherhood Week, India to eliminate a potent greenhouse gas, and International Day of Rural Women among others.
1. Name the state that is observing Safe Motherhood Week from 14 October to 21 October 2016 to provide all necessary medical aid to expecting mothers.
b) Uttar Pradesh
2. India has decided to eliminate production of a potent greenhouse gas with Global Warming Potential of 14800 by 2030. Name it.
3. The Saurya Smarak that was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, is spread in an area of?
a) 4.1 acres
b) 6.2 acres
c) 12.67 acres
d) 14.64 acres
4. Name the country that has decided to freeze co-operation with the UN's cultural agency, UNESCO, accusing it of denying Judaism's connections to the religion's holiest sites.
5. What is the theme for the 2016 International Day of Rural Women?
a) Moving from humiliation and exclusion to participation: Ending poverty in all its forms
b) Pledge for Parity
c) Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality
d) Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must too
6. Name the country that in October 2016 formally joined China's One-Belt One Road Initiative.
7. Name the country that made a decision to quit the Commonwealth after Warnings over Democracy.
8. Name the country that is all set to collaborate with India on its projects for improving rail connectivity of Indian ports?
a) United States of America
d) United Kingdom
9. High Court of which state has directed the Service Tax department to complete the process of re-auction and sale of businessman Vijay Mallya's private aircraft by December 15 this year?
a) Tamil Nadu
d) None of the above
10. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016?
a) Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must too.
b) Family Farming: Feeding the world, caring for the earth
c) Social Protection and Agriculture: Breaking the Cycle of Rural Poverty
d) Sustainable Food Systems for Food Security and Nutrition
11. According to official data, the wholesale inflation eased to what percent in September 2016?
a) 3.57 percent
b) 4.59 percent
c) 3.74 percent
d) 5.75 percent
12. Name the city where the 10-day 'Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav' (RSM) was inaugurated by Home Minister Rajnath Singh?
a) New Delhi
13. The US Department of Transportation has banned Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones on flights after reports of the device catching fire
a) Apple iPhone 7
b) Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
c) Apple iPhone 6S
d) Samsung Galaxy Note 7
14. Name the ethnic tribes of India that in October 2016 called for an end to the custom of Ravan effigy burning on Dussera.
15. Who of the following was named to ICICI board after Rajiv Sabharwal resigned from the bank?
a) Anup Bagchi
b) Ajay Saraf
c) Ashvin Parekh
d) Warren Law
1. (b) Uttar Pradesh
2. (a) HCF-23
3. (c) 12.67 acres
4. (b) Israel
5. (d) Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must too
6. (d) Bangladesh
7. (a) Maldives
8. (b) Germany
9. (c) Maharashtra
10. (a) Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must too.
11. (a) 3.57 percent
12. (a) New Delhi
13. (d) Samsung Galaxy Note 7
14. (c) Gond
15. (a) Anup Bagchi