16 May 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Prime Minister of France, Aadhaar card as proof of for issuing caste certificates and tickets of FIFA Under-17 World Cup 2017 among others.
1. Who of the following was recently named as the Prime Minister of France?
a) Alain Juppé
b) Emmanuel Macron
c) Marine Le Pen
d) Edouard Philippe
2. Who is the winner of the 2017 Spanish Grand Prix?
a) Max Verstappen
b) Sebastian Vettel
c) Lewis Hamilton
d) Nico Rosberg
3. Which country recently declared a state of emergency over cholera outbreak?
c) South Sudan
4. Who of the following was recently appointed as the Deputy Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change?
a) Ovais Sarmad
b) Richard Kinley
c) Stephen Williams
d) None of the above
5. According to Power Minister Piyush Goyal in 2016 India has climbed up to this position in World Bank’s electricity accessibility rankings.
6. Indian Navy has signed an MoU with this organisation on Data Sharing and Scientific cooperation in the field of Meteorology and Oceanology.
a) Space Application Centre
c) National Institute of Oceanography
d) Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services
7. Which state’s government has decided to allow the use of Aadhaar card as proof of identity and residence for issuing caste certificates?
b) Andhra Pradesh
c) West Bengal
8. Which state has made the study of its official language compulsory in all schools including private English medium ones?
b) West Bengal
9. Which Indian cricketer has launched a foundation dedicated to empowering underprivileged mothers and children?
a) Yuvraj Singh
b) Harbhajan Singh
c) Virat Kohli
d) Suresh Raina
10. US-based Indian player Ramit Tandon won his first professional title on 14 May 2017. What sport did he win it in?
a) Lawn Tennis
c) Table Tennis
11. Which state topped the 2017 Public Affairs Index (PAI) in governance?
12. Who topped the Forbes magazine's annual list of the 100 best venture capitalists?
a) Jim Goetz
b) Chris Sacca
c) Peter Fenton
d) Bill Gurley
13. Former Puducherry Chief Minister Ramaswamy passed away recently. He began his political career through which political party?
a) Indian National Congress
b) All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK)
c) Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK)
d) Communist Party of India (CPI)
14. Which state ranked at 1st position in Small States category of 2017 Public Affairs Index (PAI)?
d) Himachal Pradesh
15. The ticket sales for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup 2017 were officially launched jointly by Vijay Goel and this footballer.
a) Lionel Messi
b) Andrés Iniesta
c) Gerard Piqué
d) Carles Puyol
1. (d) Edouard Philippe
2. (c) Lewis Hamilton
3. (b) Yemen
4. (a) Ovais Sarmad
5. (b) 26
6. (a) Space Application Centre
7. (c) West Bengal
8. (b) West Bengal
9. (d) Suresh Raina
10. (b) Squash
11. (a) Kerala
12. (a) Jim Goetz
13. (c) Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK)
14. (d) Himachal Pradesh
15. (d) Carles Puyol
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.