Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like UNESCO eAtlas of Gender Inequality in Education, anti-dumping duty on import of plastic processing machines and Gandhi: An Illustrated Biography and more.
1. As per the UNESCO eAtlas of Gender Inequality in Education, this many million girls between 6 and 15 age are out of school in the world.
a) 43 million
b) 53 million
c) 63 million
d) 73 million
2. Name the tennis star who was suspended by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as goodwill ambassador.
a) Maria Sharapova
b) Ana Ivanovic
c) Petra Kvitova
d) Anna Kournikova
3. Union Government in March 2016 imposed anti-dumping duty of up to 44.7 percent for five years on import of plastic-processing machines from certain countries. Which of the following is not a part of them?
a) Chinese Taipei
c) The Philippines
4. Which bank in March 2016 launched mobile payment solution Touch & Pay?
a) ICICI Bank
b) State Bank of India
c) HDFC Bank
d) Bank of India
5. Who authored the book Gandhi: An Illustrated Biography that was in news in the second week of March 2016?
a) Govind Pansare
b) Madhuri Bose
c) Pramod Kapoor
d) Maithili Rao
6. Where was the 7th meeting of the Governing Board of the Indo-German Science and Technology Centre held on 15 March 2016?
a) New Delhi
7. Which state government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Union Government under the Scheme Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY) on 15 March 2016?
b) Jammu & Kashmir
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
8. Identify the organisation with which the Union Tourism Ministry signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to promote Responsible and Sustainable tourism in March 2016.
a) Nutrition Society of India
b) Geological Society of India
c) Ecotourism Society of India
d) Operational Research Society of India
9. Where was My Biosphere, My Future campaign was launched in March 2016?
10. Name the person who will be granted sainthood as per an announcement made by Pope Francis on 15 March 2016.
a) Mother Teresa
b) Pope John XXIII
c) Vincenzo Grossi
d) Louis Martin
11. Career Guidance Counselling Centres were launched in March 2016 in which city to improve employment opportunities for young women?
12. Which of the following pharmaceuticals company in March 2016 received the final approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) to manufacture and market Frovatriptan Succinate tablets in the American market?
a) Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited
b) Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
c) Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited
d) KLINTOZ Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
13. Which institute in the second week of March 2016 set up India's first education technology accelerator called Edugild?
a) Indian Institute of Science Banglore
b) IIT, Delhi
c) Maharashtra Institute of Technology
d) Birla Institute of Technology and Science
14. Priyanka Kakodkar and Raksha Kumar in March 2016 were named as joint winners of the 2015-16 Chameli Devi Jain Award which is given to women in the field of
b) Science and Technology
15. Name India-based software engineer who in March 2016 won the Unite Ideas #LinksSDGs Data Visualization Challenge.
a) Raksha Kumar
b) Supriya Sharma
c) Abhishek Kumar
d) Abdulqadir Rashik
1-(c) 6-(a) 11-(a)
2-(a) 7-(b) 12-(b)
3-(d) 8-(c) 13-(c)
4-(a) 9-(d) 14-(a)
5-(c) 10-(a) 15-(d)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.