Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Olympic berth for first Indian gymnast, retirement of Sri Lankan spinner and first loan approved by New Development Bank among others.
1. Lower house of which country on 18 April 2016 voted to start impeachment proceedings against its President over charges of manipulating government accounts?
2. Who on 17 April 2016 became the first Indian gymnast ever to secure an Olympic berth by garnering a total score of 52.698 points?
a) Dipa Karmakar
b) Payel Bhattacharjee
c) Abhijit Ishwar Shinde
d) Rakesh Kumar Patra
3. Name the veteran Sri Lankan spinner, who retired from T20 and One Day International cricket on 17 April 2016.
a) Dhammika Prasad
b) Rangana Herath
c) Angelo Mathews
d) Chamara Kapugedera
4. Name the lady who was appointed as the first female Director General of Police (DGP) of Gujarat.
a) Sanjukta Parashar
b) Merin Joseph
c) Geeta Johri
d) Kanchan Chaudhary Bhattacharya
5. The New Development Bank (NDB), formerly referred to as the BRICS Development Bank, on 16 April 2016 approved its first set of loans valued at 811 million US dollars to create
a) Renewable energy capacity in BRICS nations
b) Smart cities in BRICS nations
c) Procedure to clean main rivers of BRICS nations
d) Both (a) and (b)
6. Which branch of National Institute of Technology on 17 April 2016 formally unveiled Supercomputer named ‘Param Kanchenjunga’?
a) NIT, Delhi
b) NIT, Sikkim
c) NIT, Rourkela
d) NIT, Srinagar
7. International Day for Monuments and Sites traditionally called World Heritage Day was observed across the world on 18 April 2016 with theme
a) The Heritage of Sport
b) Heritage of Commemoration
c) World Heritage Convention
d) Heritage, a shared wealth of humankind
8. Name the co-founder of Hero Cycles group who passed away on 14 April 2016.
a) Satyanand Munjal
b) Om Prakash Munjal
c) Brijmohan Lall Munjal
d) Dayanand Munjal
9. What was the theme of the 2016 World Haemophilia Day that was observed globally on 17 April 2016?
a) The Many Faces of Bleeding Disorders – United to Achieve Treatment for All
b) Treatment for all is the vision of all
c) Together, We Care
d) Count Me In
10. Which country on 16 April 2016 won the 25th edition of the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup held in Ipoh, Malaysia?
b) New Zealand
11. Name the tennis player who on 17 April 2016 won the 2016 Monte Carlo Masters title.
a) Gael Monfils
b) Novak Djokovic
c) Stan Wawrinka
d) Rafael Nadal
12. Traces of which element’s isotopes of Supernova were discovered on Moon as per publication in Physics Review Letters journal on 13 April 2016?
a) Magnesium Isotope
b) Iron Isotope
c) Manganese Isotope
d) Radium Isotope
13. Who won 2016 Formula 1 Pirelli Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai International Circuit on 17 April 2016?
a) Sebastian Vettel
b) Lewis Hamilton
c) Nico Rosberg
d) Daniil Kvyat
14. Who was appointed as the High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Mozambique on 15 April 2016?
a) James Bevan
b) Alexander Evans
c) Dominic Asquith
d) Rudra Gaurav Shresth
15. India, Afghanistan and Iran finalized draft of the Chabahar Trilateral Agreement on Transport and Transit Corridor at a meeting of experts from the three countries on 11 April 2016 held in
a) New Delhi
1-(a) 6-(b) 11-(d)
2-(a) 7-(a) 12-(b)
3-(b) 8-(a) 13-(c)
4-(c) 9-(b) 14-(d)
5-(a) 10-(c) 15-(a)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.