Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Reliance Jio, National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme and oldest stromatolite fossils among others.
1. Which state became the third in India to sign MoU with Union Government to develop 11 small airports and airstrips in September 2016?
2. Reliance Industries Limited in September 2016 launched the telecom service Reliance Jio. Which of the following services is not a part of the Reliance Jio Welcome Offer?
a) Free voice calls
b) Zero roaming charges
c) Complementary Jio-Apps bouquet
d) Free Data Services
3. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc in September 2016 tied-up with which online retailer to offer on smart-home services?
4. Which rocket of SpaceX was destroyed recently in an explosion during a propellant fill operation?
a) Falcon 1
c) Falcon 9
5. Name the veteran trade union leader, who also headed the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply Trust (BEST) Workers’ Union, who died recently.
a) Vinayak Das
b) Sharad Rao
c) Chaitanya Dixit
d) Raghu Kulkarni
6. The Union Government recently notified a scheme that promises to offer financial incentives to employers. Name the scheme.
a) National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
b) National Apprenticeship Endorsement Scheme
c) National Traineeship Promotion Scheme
d) None of the above
7. Who was recently honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award by Indian filmmaker Shyam Benegal at the Lonavla International Film Festival India?
a) Pahlaj Nihalani
b) Satyadev Dubey
c) VK Murthy
d) Govind Nihalani
8. Who took over as the Vice Chief of the Indian Army?
a) Lt Gen Bipin Rawat
b) Lt Gen MMS Rai
c) Lt Gen Vivek Bahadur
d) None of the above
9. A team of scientists discovered the world’s oldest stromatolite fossils in the Isua Greenstone Belt recently. How old are these Fossils?
a) 2.6 billion years old
b) 4.2 billion years old
c) 3.7 billion years old
d) 5.5 billion years old
10. Indian Railway will provide insurance cover up to 10 lakh rupees for passengers travelling on e- ticket after paying a premium of what amount?
a) 57 paise
b) 92 paisa
c) 1 rupee
d) 1.20 rupees
11. Name the organisation/institute with which Coal India Limited (CIL) signed MoU for effectively monitoring of environment related issues in the coal mining projects.
a) Agency for Non-conventional Energy and Rural Technology
b) Environmentalist Foundation of India
c) Centre for Science and Environment
d) Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education
12. Who of the following headed the committee that was constituted to look into the alternatives to pellet guns to disperse crowd. The committee submitted its report to Home Secretary.
a) Atul Karwal
b) Rajeev Krishna
c) TVSN Prasad
d) Naresh Bhatnagar
13. Which of the following is not part of the cement companies that is part of penalty that was imposed by Competition Commission of India for cartelisation in August 2016?
a) ACC Cement
b) Binani Cement
c) Century Cement
d) Birla Cement
14. High court of which state imposed a fine of 1 Crore rupees on the state government in a land acquisition matter in one of the districts?
a) Uttar Pradesh
15. Name the Tropical Storm that strengthened into a hurricane, threatening to bring a dangerous storm surge to Florida.
1. (c) Gujarat
2. (d) Free Data Services
3. (a) Amazon.com
4. (c) Falcon 9
5. (b) Sharad Rao
6. (a) National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
7. (d) Govind Nihalani
8. (a) Lt Gen Bipin Rawat
9. (c) 3.7 billion years old
10. (b) 92 paisa
11. (d) Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education
12. (c) TVSN Prasad
13. (d) Birla Cement
14. (a) Uttar Pradesh
15. (b) Hermine
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.