Current Affairs Quiz: 24 February 2020
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Central Excise Day, new amendments to Arms Act, 1959 and Donald Trump’s visit to India among others.
24 February 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Central Excise Day, new amendments to Arms Act, 1959 and Donald Trump’s visit to India among others.
1. When is the Central Excise Day observed in India?
a) 22nd February
b) 23rd February
c) 24th February
d) 25th February
2. Which country’s President visited India for the first time on 24th February?
d) South Korea
3. Which of the following schemes completed its one year of implementation on February 24, 2020?
4. Which city hosted the International Judicial Conference recently?
b) New Delhi
5. Which country has reported highest death toll from coronavirus outside China?
d) South Korea
6. Which country will host Commonwealth Shooting and Archery Championships in 2022?
7. Mahathir Mohamad has resigned as the Prime Minister of which nation?
d) Sri Lanka
8. The Home Ministry has amended Arms Act, 1959 to allow renowned shooters to keep a maximum of how many firearms?
9. Riek Machar has taken oath as the first vice president of which nation?
d) South Sudan
10. Who won the 34th Cannes Open in France on February 23, 2020?
a) D Gukesh
b) G Acharyan
c) L Mukund
d) Stanley S
1. (c) 24th February
The Central Excise Day 2020 was observed in India on February 24, 2020. The Day is celebrated by the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) every year to acknowledge the contribution of CBEC officers.
2. (b) USA
US President Donald Trump arrived in India on February 24, 2020, marking his maiden visit to the country. Upon his arrival, President Trump addressed the ‘Namaste Trump’ event in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
3. (b) PM-KISAN
Union Ministry for Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare on February 24, 2020 marked the first year anniversary of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Scheme, which was launched in 2019 to boost farmers’ income.
4. (b) New Delhi
The International Judicial Conference was held in New Delhi to deliberate on issues such as recruitment of women in Indian military services; speedy justice system through e-court and others.
5. (c) Iran
Iran has confirmed 8 deaths due to the deadly coronavirus, which is the highest death toll from the virus outside China. Pakistan has announced closer of its border with the Islamic nation. Neighbouring Afghanistan has also banned all air and ground-based travel between the two nations.
6. (b) India
India will be the host nation for the 2022 Commonwealth Shooting and Archery Championships. The Championship will be held in Chandigarh in January 2022.
7. (a) Malaysia
Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad submitted his resignation to the country’s king, Sultan Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah on February 24, 2020.
8. (b) 12
The Home Ministry has amended the Arms Act, 1959 to allow international medalists and renowned shooters to have additional weapons up to a total of twelve under the exempted category, as against earlier seven.
9. (d) South Sudan
Rebel leader Riek Machar has been sworn in as the first Vice President of South Sudan. Machar will be a part of a transition government that will serve for 36 months.
10. (a) D Gukesh
India’s D Gukesh won the 34th Cannes Open in France on February 23, 2020, beating his French competitor Harutyun Bargseghyan. The 13-year-old had become the world’s second youngest Grandmaster ever in 2019.