Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like bollywood actor purchased of a franchise in Masters Champions League of cricket, book Warriors Remembered, sworn-in of mayor of Bonn, and Mount Kalam among others.
1. Identify the bollywood actor. He bought a franchise in the UAE-based Masters Champions League of cricket on 22 October 2015
a) Salman Khan
b) Sanjay Dutt
c) Aamir Khan
d) Shah Rukh Khan
2. PM Narendra Modi released a book entitled ‘Warriors Remembered’ on the occasion of Police Commemoration Day on 21 October 2015. The book commemorates the sacrifices of which of the following paramilitary organisations?
a) Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
b) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
c) Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
d) Border Security Force (BSF)
3. Identify the Indian-origin politician who was sworn in as the mayor of Bonn in Germany on 21 October 2015
a) Shiv Pande
b) Harbhajan Kaur
c) Ashok-Alexander Sridharan
d) Shriti Vadera
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 22 October 2015 laid the foundation stone of Amaravati, the new capital of Andhra Pradesh. The proposed city is located on which river?
5. US-based Western Digital Corporation on 21 October 2015 announced that it will acquire SanDisk as part of a 19 billion dollar deal. In this context, identify the Indian-origin entrepreneur who co-founded SanDisk in 1988
a) Sanjay Mehrotra
b) Vinod Khosla
c) Anshu Jain
d) Manoj Bhargava
6. Three Baltic states-Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia on 15 October 2015 signed an agreement with which of the following European countries to build a gas pipeline?
7. Identify the multilateral agency that released the World Energy Outlook Special Report 2015: Energy and Climate Change on 21 October 2015
a) United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
b) World Bank
c) International Energy Agency (IEA)
d) World Economic Forum (WEF)
8. Name the two mountaineers who in October 2015 became first people to climb 6180 meter high unnamed peak in Himachal’s Spiti Valley.
a) Arunima Sinha and Bhupesh Kumar
b) Arjun Vajpai and Raghav Joneja
c) Arjun Vajpai and Bhupesh Kumar
d) Raghav Joneja and Bhupesh Kumar
9. Two Indian mountaineers in third week of October 2015 named an unnamed peak in Himachal’s Spiti Valley as Mount Kalam, in honour of former President of India, Dr. Abdul Kalam. The peak is located near which of the following Himalayan glacier?
10. Name the person who on 23 October 2015 was designated as the Special Presidential Envoy to the US-led coalition fighting the Islamic State for Iraq and Syria (ISIS) by US President Barack Obama.
a) Brett McGurk
b) John Allen
c) David Petraeus
d) James Mattis
11. Which of the following state on 23 October 2015 announced the launch of New Integrated Licensing Policy (NILP) 2015 for development of Hyper and High Potential Urban Complexes (HHPUC)?
c) Jammu and Kashmir
12. Which of the following Hurricane struck Mexico's Pacific coast on 23 October 2015?
13. Ministry of Defence on 24 October 2015 approved the induction of women into the combat stream of Indian Air Force (IAF). According to the decision, first women pilots will be commissioned on the job in
a) December 2015
b) January 2016
c) June 2016
d) November 2016
14. Name the Vice President of Maldives who was arrested on 23 October 2015 on suspicion of links to a blast on the Presidential boat that occurred on 28 September 2015.
a) Yameen Abdul Gayoom
b) Ahmed Adeeb
c) Umar Naseer
d) Mohamed Jameel Ahmed
15. Name the leading mobile payment and e-commerce platform that on 23 October 2015 has tied up with Bank of Maharashtra to offer mobile wallet top up facility through bank ATMs.
b) Google Wallet
1-(b) 6-(b) 11-(d)
2-(a) 7-(c) 12-(d)
3-(c) 8-(c) 13-(c)
4-(d) 9-(b) 14-(b)
5-(a) 10-(a) 15-(a)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.