Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like India's Olympic goodwill ambassador, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award and Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2015 among others.
1. Name the legendary Cricketer who joined actor Salman Khan and shooter Abhinav Bindra to become the third Goodwill Ambassador for India at the Rio Olympics 2016 on 3 May 2016.
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) Virat Kohli
c) Kapil Dev
d) Sourav Ganguly
2. Name the Indian cricketer who was nominated for the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award by BCCI in April 2016.
a) Virat Kohli
b) Ajinkya Rahane
c) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
d) Zaheer Khan
3. Name the Indian cricketer whose name was recommended for the Arjuna Award by BCCI in April 2016.
a) Shikhar Dhawan
b) Virat Kohli
c) Ajinkya Rahane
d) Mohammed Shami
4. Name the Indian American Sikh woman from California who was elected as the newest national committee woman of the Republican National Committee on 1 May 2016
a) Sheetal Sheth
b) Harmeet Kaur Dhillon
c) Ruby Dhalla
d) Sonia Mehta
5. Who of the following was named as 2015-16 Footballer of the Year by the Football Writers Association (FWA)?
a) Jamie Vardy
b) Kasper Schmeichel
c) Danny Drinkwater
d) Danny Simpson
6. Name the football club that on 2 May 2016 was crowned champions of English Premier League.
a) Tottenham Hotspur
c) Leicester City
7. Rajya Sabha on 2 May 2016 passed Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2015 that amends the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, of
8. Which of the following organisation/institution in April 2016 released a report titled ‘Protecting people through nature’?
a) Global Environment Facility (GEF)
b) World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
c) Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
d) World Nature Organization (WNO)
9. Name the country that will be granted conditional approval by European Commission for visa-free travel within the EU's Schengen area.
10. Who is appointed as the head of a three-member panel by the Supreme Court of India on 2 May 2016 to oversee the functions of the Medical Council of India?
a) RM Lodha
b) HL Dattu
c) P Sathasivam
d) SH Kapadia
11. In which State/Region did the Supreme Court of India banned all diesel cabs from 1 May 2016?
c) Daman & Diu
d) None of These
12. Identify the two states with which Indian Railways signed a MoU to plant 5 lakh trees alongside Railway Track on Railway Land Boundary on 2 May 2016.
a) Himachal Pradesh and Arunachal Pradesh
b) Kerala and Karnataka
c) Haryana and Punjab
d) Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu
13. Name the telescope that was used by Astronomers at ESO’s La Silla Observatory to discover three planets with sizes and temperatures similar to those of Venus and Earth, orbiting an ultra-cool dwarf star just 40 light-years from Earth.
14. Identify the scheme that was launched by PM Modi on 1 May 2016 to provide cooking gas connections to five crore below-poverty-line beneficiaries over the next three years.
a) Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
b) Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
c) Jeevan Jyothi Bima Yojana
d) Suraksha Bima Yojana
15. Where Prime Minister Narendra Modi did launched PMUY to provide cooking gas connections which will benefit the poor, especially the women?
a) Bengaluru, Karnataka
b) Bellary, Karnataka
c) Ballia, Uttar Pradesh
d) Varanasi, Karnataka
1. (a) Sachin Tendulkar
2. (a) Virat Kohli
3. (c) Ajinkya Rahane
4. (b) Harmeet Kaur Dhillon
5. (a) Jamie Vardy
6. (c) Leicester City
7. (b) 1957
8. (b) World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
9. (a) Turkey
10. (a) RM Lodha
11. (b) Delhi-NCR
12. (c) Haryana and Punjab
13. (d) TRAPPIST
14. (b) Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
15. (c) Ballia, Uttar Pradesh
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.