Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like species of great apes, Mother Teresa declared Saint, and Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana among others.
1. Which of the following species of great apes has been recently declared as Critically Endangered by the International Union for Conservation of Nature?
a) Eastern Gorilla
d) Mountain Gorilla
2. Mother Teresa was recently proclaimed a Saint by Pope Francis in a ceremony at the Vatican. She was beatified, a first step towards canonisation, in which year?
3. Who won the 2016 Italian Grand Prix?
a) Lewis Hamilton
b) Nico Rosberg
c) Sebastian Vettel
d) Daniel Ricciardo
4. Which village became the first Wi-fi hotspot village in Haryana?
b) Rewari Khera
c) Gumthala Garhu
5. The Odisha Government recently launched Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana in which three districts of the state?
a) Ganjam, Dhenkanal and Nayagarh
b) Nayagarh, Dhenkanal and Angul
c) Ganjam, Nayagarh and Angul
d) Ganjam, Dhenkanal and Angul
6. Who was recently appointed the Wrestling Director of the Rohtak University?
a) Sushil Kumar
b) Sakshi Malik
c) Yogeshwar Dutt
d) Vinesh Phogat
7. Name the Assamese poet and author who won the Sahitya Akademi Award in 2002 and died recently in September 2016?
a) Nalinidhar Bhattacharyya
b) Birendra Kumar
c) Amaresh Datta
d) Asanand Marmora
8. Who was elected as the National President of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) for the year 2016-17?
a) Ravi Wankhedkar
b) R N Tandon
c) K K Aggarwal
d) Suyash Gupta
9. Which Indian Olympic gold medallist announced the retirement recently?
a) Saina Nehwal
b) Mary Kom
c) Abhinav Bindra
d) Vijender Singh
10. When is the International Day of Charity observed globally?
a) 5 September
b) 16 November
c) 29 August
d) 30 October
11. Which of the following statements in regard to the agreements that were signed between India and Vietnam during PM Modi is/are false?
a) Agreed on protocol for amending the agreement on avoiding double taxation
b) Agreed on program of cooperation in UN Peacekeeping Matters
c) Agreed to celebrate 2018 as the "Year of Friendship”
d) MoU on cooperation in cyber security was signed
12. Which team was defeated by India A to win the Quadrangular one-day cricket series?
a) Australia A
b) New Zealand A
c) South Africa A
d) Australian National Performance Squad
13. Name the state that signed a long-term lease agreement with Falcon Marine Exports for the operation of Jagatjore Shrimp Culture Project.
a) West Bengal
d) Andhra Pradesh
14. Who of the following won the mixed doubles of 2016 Brazil Open Grand Prix?
a) Tarun Kona and Sikki Reddy
b) Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Sikki Reddy
c) Manu Attri and Pradnya Gadre
d) Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Pradnya Gadre
15. Name the state that decided to develop 340 villages as Horticulture Villages during the Golden Jubilee year of the State.
c) Andhra Pradesh
1. (a) Eastern Gorilla
2. (a) 2003
3. (b) Nico Rosberg
4. (c) Gumthala Garhu
5. (d) Ganjam, Dhenkanal and Angul
6. (b) Sakshi Malik
7. (a) Nalinidhar Bhattacharyya
8. (c) K K Aggarwal
9. (c) Abhinav Bindra
10. (a) 5 September
11. (c) Agreed to celebrate 2018 as the "Year of Friendship”
12. (a) Australia A
13. (c) Odisha
14. (b) Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Sikki Reddy
15. (b) Haryana