Current Affairs Quiz: 6 December 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as World Malaria Report 2019, Florence Nightingale awards 2019 and UNICEF Humanitarian Award 2019 among others.
6 December 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as World Malaria Report 2019, Florence Nightingale awards 2019 and UNICEF Humanitarian Award 2019 among others.
1. Which country witnessed the sharpest reduction in malaria cases in 2018?
c) Sri Lanka
2. Which country accounted for most number of global malaria cases, as per World Malaria Report 2019?
3. Who received the National Florence Nightingale award 2019 posthumously?
a) N Shoba
b) Suni Sreejith
c) Lini Sajeesh
d) Shreya Gopinath
4. Which country will host the Asian Pacific meet on Gastroenterology?
b) Sri Lanka
5. Which among the following languages made its debut in the Rajya Sabha on December 6, 2019?
6. Which among the following disciplines has been introduced as a CBSE subject from 2019-20 academic year?
b) Artificial Intelligence
c) Applied Arts
7. Which company has announced the world’s largest-ever IPO?
c) Saudi Aramco
8. Who among the following was recently awarded ‘Danny Kaye Humanitarian Award’ from UNICEF?
a) Deepika Padukone
b) Priyanka Chopra
c) Hritik Roshan
d) Anil Kapoor
9. Who among the following was recently declared as a fugitive economic offender, second after Vijay Mallya?
a) Nirav Modi
b) Jatin Prasad
c) Vikram Maggo
d) Hiten Modi
10. Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated first Mega Food Park in which state?
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) Himachal Pradesh
1. (d) India
India witnessed a sharp reduction (28 percent) in malaria cases between 2017 and 2018, according to the World Malaria Report 2019, which was released by UN’s World Health Organisation (WHO) on December 4, 2019.
2. (d) Nigeria
India and nineteen countries in sub-Saharan Africa were found to have carried 85 percent of the global malaria burden, among which Nigeria accounted for most number of global malaria cases (25%), followed by the Democratic Republic of the Congo (12%), Uganda (5%) and Côte d’Ivoire, Mozambique and Niger (4% each).
3. (c) Lini Sajeesh
The National Florence Nightingale Awards 2019 were conferred upon 36 nursing professionals. One award was conferred posthumously to honour nurse Lini Sajeesh from Kozhikode, who had passed away while caring for a NIPAH patient in Kerala. The award was received by her husband Sajeesh.
4. (c) India
India will host the 4-day conference of the Asian Pacific Association of Gastroenterology from December 12, 2019. India will host the annual event after a gap of 11 years. The conference is expected to witness participation from about 4,000 doctors from across the Asia-Pacific region.
5. (a) Santhali
Santhali language made its debut in Rajya Sabha on December 6, 2019. The Austroasiatic language, mostly spoken among Odisha tribals, is one of the 22 scheduled languages of India. The language was used by Biju Janata Dal MP Sarojni Hembram to raise a matter of urgent public importance during the zero hour.
6. (b) Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence has been introduced as a subject in class IX from academic session 2019-20 in all schools affiliated with the CBSE board. The main objective behind the move is to enhance multidisciplinary approach in teaching-learning and to sensitize the new generation.
7. (c) Saudi Aramco
Saudi oil giant Aramco has announced its initial public offering (IPO) at $25.6 billion, which is the world’s largest ever. The gulf nation’s state oil company made the announcement on December 5, 2019.
8. (b) Priyanka Chopra
Priyanka Chopra was awarded Danny Kaye Humanitarian Award from UNICEF. This award is known as the biggest humanitarian award of UNICEF. She was nominated for this award in June, 2019.
9. (a) Nirav Modi
Nirav Modi has been declared fugitive economic offender under Prevention of Money Laundering Act. The Enforcement Directorate (ED) had filed a petition against Nirav Modi.
10. (a) Madhya Pradesh
Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated the first Mega Food Park in Madhya Pradesh. This is central India's first food park which is spread over more than 51 acres. Its construction cost is 150 crores. About five thousand local people will get employment from this mega food park.