Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 2016 Asian Nations Cup Chess tournament, launch of low cost micro solar device and de-facto approval to mplementation of low cost micro solar device among others.
1. Which country on 6 April 2016 won the Asian Nations Cup Chess tournament in men’s segment?
2. Which country on 6 April 2016 won the Asian Nations Cup Chess tournament in women’s segment?
3. Who on 6 April 2016 was appointed the Chairman of the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)?
a) CP Gurnani
b) BVR Mohan Reddy
c) Raman Roy
d) Chirag Pandey
4. Name the low cost micro solar device that was launched by Union Government on 5 April 2016 with an aim to provide a reliable access to electricity to rural and urban population.
a) Surya Jyoti
b) Solar Light
c) Suraj ki Tarange
d) None of the above
5. The Union Cabinet on 6 April 2016 gave its approval to replace the existing policy on crude oil import by Oil PSUs and vest the oil PSUs with the power to evolve their own policies. The existing policy for import of crude oil was approved by the Cabinet in the year
6. Which of the following is not the part of One Rank One Pension (OROP) that on 6 April 2016 received approval of the Union Cabinet for its implementation?
a) The benefit will be given with effect from 1 July 2014
b) The benefit would be extended to family pensioners
c) The pension would be re-fixed every 5 year
d) Arrears will be paid in four six-yearly installments
7. Which nationalized bank’s Working Capital Term Loan (WCTL) to Andrew Yule & Co. Ltd. (AYCL) will be converted into equity shares as per the approval granted to it on 6 April 2016 by the CCEA?
a) State Bank of India
b) Union Bank
c) Bank of Baroda
8. Name the person who was named as Prime Minister of Iceland by the ruling coalition on 6 April 2016.
a) Bjarni Benediktsson
b) Sigurdur Ingi Johannsson
c) Sigmundur Gunnlaugsson
d) Geir Haarde
9. Who was the first Indian to be appointed to Panasonic’s global executive council in April 2016?
a) Kapil Sharma
b) Manish Sharma
c) Alok Malhotra
d) Arvind Kumar
10. Identify the Hollywood actress and screenwriter who died on 5 April 2016.
a) Carlo Mastrangelo
b) Erik Bauersfeld
c) Barbara Turner
d) Chus Lampreave
11. Identify the great Indian Mathematician & Astronomer whose statue was unveiled at UNESCO headquarters in Paris on 6 April 2016.
b) Raghunatha Siromani
c) Srinivasa Ramanujan
12. What is the name of the naturally occurring substance with which Indian scientists developed eco-friendly nanotechnology for water purification?
d) None of these
13. The Union Ministry of Environment Forests And Climate Change on 5 April 2016 notified Solid Management Rules, 2016. The new set of rules will replace
a) Municipal Solid Waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2000
b) Municipal Solid Waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2001
c) Municipal Solid Waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2002
d) Municipal Solid Waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2003
14. The Reserve Bank of India on 5 April 2016 announced first Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2016-17. Under this policy, the repo rate was reduced to
15. As per study by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), India’s military spending in 2015 was
a) 51.3 billion US dollars
b) 61.3 billion US dollars
c) 71.3 billion US dollars
d) 81.3 billion US dollars
1-(a) 6-(d) 11-(d)
2-(d) 7-(c) 12-(a)
3-(a) 8-(b) 13-(a)
4-(a) 9-(b) 14-(b)
5-(b) 10-(c) 15-(a)