Current Affairs Recap of the Day: 03 May 2016
The Recap of the Day brought out by jagranjosh.com covers important current affairs like English Premier League, Appointment of Justice RM Lodha panel and Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2015 among others.
The Recap of the Day brought out by jagranjosh.com covers important national and international current affairs in bulleted form which would be of immense help for the aspirants in their preparations for exams like civil services, SSC, Bank and MBA.
• The World Press Freedom Day was on 3 May 2016 observed across the world with the theme - Access to Information and Fundamental Freedoms - This Is Your Right!
• He is appointed as the head of a three-member panel by the Supreme Court of India on 2 May 2016 to oversee the functions of the Medical Council of India - Former Chief Justice of India (CJI) RM Lodha
• The Supreme Court of India banned all diesel cabs from1 May 2016 in – National Capital Region-Delhi
• Indian Railways signed a MoU with these two states to plant 5 lakh trees alongside Railway Track on Railway Land Boundary on 2 May 2016 - Haryana and Punjab
• The telescope was used by Astronomers at ESO’s La Silla Observatory to discover three planets with sizes and temperatures similar to those of Venus and Earth -TRAPPIST telescope
• The legendary cricketer who joined actor Salman Khan and shooter Abhinav Bindra as third Goodwill Ambassador for India at the Rio Olympics 2016 on 3 May 2016- Sachin Tendulkar
• Cricketer who was nominated for the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award by BCCI in April 2016 - Indian Test captain Virat Kohli
• Indian cricketer whose name was recommended for the Arjuna Award by BCCI in April 2016 – Ajinkya Rahane
• Indian American Sikh woman from California who was elected as the newest national committee woman of the Republican National Committee on 1 May 2016 - Harmeet Kaur Dhillon
• Leicester City forward who was named as 2015-16 Footballer of the Year by the Football Writers Association (FWA) - Jamie Vardy
• The football club that on 2 May 2016 was crowned champions of English Premier League - Leicester City
• In order to regulate the mining sector in the country, Rajya Sabha on 2 May 2016 passed Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2015 that amends - Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957
• European Commission will grant conditional approval for visa-free travel within the EU's Schengen area to – Turkey
• The UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon urged Russia and the United States to get Syria's ceasefire implemented in - Latakia and Damascus regions
• The pavillon in Jammu & Kashmir that was restored by a joint effort of Indo-German collaboration – Shalimar pavillon
• The Australian entrepreneur claiming himself as the creator of Bitcoin was in news - Craig Wright
• The combined output of eight crucial infrastructure sectors, that is, Core Sector accelerated in March 2016 to 16-month high of - 6.4%
• The ship will participate in the ADMM Plus (ASEAN Defence Ministers Meeting Plus) Exercise on Maritime Security and Counter Terrorism(Ex MS & CT) from 1 May to 9 May 16 - INA Airavat
• This company got 15 new license in the defence sector in May 2016 – Reliance