Current Affairs Recap of the Day: 14 January 2016
Jagranjosh.com brings the Current Affairs Recap of the Day to provide the reader a tool to recap and revise the important current affairs of the day in bulleted form.
Jagranjosh.com brings the Current Affairs Recap of the Day to provide the reader a tool to recap and revise the important current affairs of the day in bulleted form. It will be helpful in preparation for competitive exams like IAS/PCS, SSC, Bank, MBA and etc.
• Union Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari on 13 January 2016 inaugurated Mumbai Port Trust’s second liquid chemical berth at - Pir Pau, Mumbai
• Union Minister of State for Railways Manoj Sinha on 13 January 2016 received the first broad-gauge train on trial run between - Badarpur-Kumarghar-Agartala section at Agartala
• For speedy trial of cases relating to witchcraft incidents, the Jharkhand Government on 13 January 2016 decided to set up fast track courts in five districts, namely - Ranchi, Chaibasa, Khunti, Palamau and Simdega
• Telangana government on 13 January 2016 banned the sale and use of Chinese manja in a bid to prevent harm to birds and others. The ban order was issued on the eve of - Makar Sankranti, also known as Pongal in the South
• Famous stage actor Brian Bedford who passed away on 13 January 2016 is known for - acting in and directing Shakespeare.
• Union Government’s prestigious Krishi Karman Award was conferred on 13 January 2016 on - Madhya Pradesh for 4th consecutive year
• The sports personality who was presented with the Danny Kaye Humanitarian Leadership Award at the sixth biennial UNICEF Ball is – David Beckham
• The FIFA Emergency Committee on 9 January 2016 decided to dismiss Jerome Valcke from the position of - FIFA Secretary General
• President Pranab Mukherjee on 8 January 2016 gave his assent to the Sugar Cess (Amendment) Bill, 2015, which has amended the - Sugar Cess Act, 1982
• Scientists in Germany said that the next ice age may have been delayed by over 50 thousand years because of - the greenhouse gases put in the atmosphere by humans
• The UK government rejected demands for the re-introduction of the post-study work visa that was popular between Indian and other overseas students from outside - the European Union (EU)
• The Organisation to which India got its Union Cabinet approval to have a membership so that it can have access to and develop technologies related to energy from ocean renewable resources- International Energy Agency – Ocean Energy Systems
• The two organizations signed MoU on 13 January 2016 for the use of spatial technology for monitoring and managing National Highways - National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) and ISRO, NECTAR
• He chaired the first meeting of National Medical & Wellness Tourism Promotion Board held in New Delhi on 13 January 2016 - Dr Mahesh Sharma, Minister of State (Independent) for Tourism & Culture & Civil Aviation
• The country with which Madhya Pradesh signed four MOUs on 14 January 2016 which includes 1000-megawatt wind energy plant – Singapore
• The US Citizenship and Immigration Services increased the H-1B petition fee by – 4000 US dollars
• The US Citizenship and Immigration Services increased the L-1 petition fee by – 4500 US dollars
• He was appointed as the chairman of the high level five-member committee on Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Corridor - Arvind Panagariya
• The number of international migrants in 2015 as per the database titled Trends in International Migrant Stock: The 2015 Revision which was released by the UN Population Division - 244 million
• The country which has the largest diaspora in the world in 2015 – India with 16 million