Dubai’s Maze Tower was on 21 January 2015 listed in the Guinness World Record for being the world’s largest vertical maze. The maze tower was built by Al Rostamani Group of Dubai.
The 55-storey tall Maze Tower is located near the Sheikh Zayed Road in the Dubai Financial District.
About The Maze Tower
• The building features an eye-catching front and rear front elevation of balconies that make up an intricate maze.
• The maze itself is not just a random pattern but a real puzzle. The maze pattern can also be lit up in different colours.
• The design uses the changing level of natural light and shadow during the day.
• It also features natural Brazilian Verde Bahia stone to create a striking facade. The stone is used throughout the exterior.
• The dark greenish hue of the building corner posts is attained using a water jet treatment which creates an even matt surface.
• A light colour is used in the building to emphasise the Maze and is achieved using a flame technique that roughens the surface and creates a lighter and more reflective surface.
• The tower shows the Maze Eye, an 8 metre circular video wall at the top of the building which can beam images at great distances.
• There is also a garden floor in the middle of the building and a roof top maze garden.
Who: Dubai's Maze Tower
When: 21 January 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.