Jagranjosh.com brings for its readers 20 important quiz on Economic Survey 2015-16 that was presented on 26 February 2016 by the Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
1. What was the economic growth registered by the Indian economy in the year 2015-16?
2. According to the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation and Farmers Welfare for 2015-16, the production of foodgrains and oil-seeds is estimated to decline by
a) 0.5% and 4.1% respectively
b) 4.1% and 0.5% respectively
c) 0.2% and 3.1% respectively
d) 3.1% and 0.2% respectively
3. Name the 4R that has been suggested in the Economic Survey 2015-16 to resolve the challenge of twin balance sheet problem.
a) Recognition, Recapitalization, Resolution, and Reform
b) Recognize, Reorganise, Revitalise and Reform
c) Recognition, Reorganisation, Resolution and Reformation
d) Recognise, Reconsolidate, Recapitalise and Reform
4. What was the magnitude of increase in power generation capacity in the year 2014-15 as compared to average annual addition of around 19 GW over the past five years?
a) 25 GW
b) 25.5 GW
c) 26 GW
d) 26.5 GW
5. What was the level of foreign exchange reserves at the end of January 2016?
a) 292 billion US dollars
b) 304.2 billion US dollars
c) 349.6 billion US dollars
d) 341.6 billion US dollars
6. What is the share of horticulture in the total agriculture output as per Economic Survey 2015-16?
7. The revenue deficit and primary deficit as a percent of GDP according to Budget Estimates (BE) 2015-16 is
a) 3.9 and 0.7 respectively
b) 2.8 and 0.7 respectively
c) 3.2 and 1.1 respectively
d) 2.8 and 1.1 respectively
8. What will be the level of foodgrain production in 2015-16 as per second advance estimates?
a) 257.1 million tones
b) 265.0 million tones
c) 253.2 million tones
d) 252 million tones
9. What are the three ‘Is’ mentioned in the Economic Survey 2015-16 that are used to analyse the ‘exit problem’ that Indian economy has been facing with respect to very low productivity firms?
a) Interests, Institutions, Ideology
b) Institutions, Information, Ideology
c) Interests, Information, Institutions
d) Information, Intelligence, Ideology
10. What does Economic Survey 2015-16 mean by ‘exit problem’ mentioned as part of Chakravyuha Challenge being faced by the Indian economy?
a) Indian economy has no alternative to liberalization
b) Indian economy allows for ease of entry of firms but exit of inefficient firm is limited
c) Indian economy cannot exit from prerogative of Socialistic ideals
d) Indian economy cannot exit the problem of structural inefficiencies
11. As per Budget Estimates (BE) 2015-16, what is the expenditure on health as a total expenditure on social services?
12. What is the proportion of economically active population (15-59 years) as per Sample Registration Survey of 2013?
13. Which one of the following statement is incorrect?
a) The Labour Force Participation Rate (LFPR) is 52.5 % for all persons in 2014
b) The LFPR for rural areas stands at 54.7%
c) The LFPR for women is significantly higher than that for males in rural areas
d) The Unemployment Rate is 4.7 % in rural areas and 5.5% in urban areas
14. The Under-5 infant mortality rate declined from 126 in 1990 to what level in 2013?
15. Which one the following statement with respect to India’s external debt is correct?
I. At the end-September 2015, long term debt accounted for 82.2% of India’s total external debt
II. External debt to GDP ratio stood at 23.7% in 2014-15
Select the correct option
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Both I and II
d) Neither I nor II
16. What is the all India percentage distribution of net irrigated are to the total cropped area during 2012-13?
17. What are the issues plaguing Indian agriculture with respect to seed development that require immediate attention as per Economic Survey 2015-16?
a) Availability of seeds
b) Inadequate research and genetic engineering
c) Affordability of hybrids and GM seeds
d) All of the above
18. According to WHO and UNICEF joint monitoring program, what percentage of rural Indians defecated in the open in 2015?
19. The Economic Survey 2015-16 notes three things with regards to height for age of children in India. Which one of the following is not one of them?
a) There has been a gradual improvement in both rural and urban India
b) There is a persistent rural-urban height gap
c) Indian children are on average two standard deviation shorter than the healthy average
d) The height gap in rural areas compared to that in urban areas
20. Which one of the following is not part of the reform package suggested for fertilizer sector in India in the Economic Survey 2015-16?
I. Decimalizing urea imports
II. Bringing urea under the Nutrient Based Subsidy program
III. Neem-coating urea to check black marketing in fertilizer
IV. Set a cap on the number of subsidized bags each household can purchase
Select the correct option
a) I, II and III
b) II, III and IV
c) I, II and IV
d) All of the above
1-(c) 6-(c) 11-(c) 16-(a)
2-(a) 7-(b) 12-(d) 17-(d)
3-(a) 8-(c) 13-(c) 18-(b)
4-(d) 9-(a) 14-(a) 19-(d)
5-(c) 10-(b) 15-(c) 20-(d)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.