Famous American actor William Schallert passed away on 8 May 2016 in California, U.S. He was 93.
The actor was best known for his work as Martin Lane on the hit series The Patty Duke Show, which aired on ABC from 1963 until 1966.
About William Schallert
• Born on 6 July 1922, William Joseph Schallert began acting while a student at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles.
• In 1946, he helped found the Circle Theatre with Sydney Chaplin and several fellow students.
• In 1948, he was directed by Sydney's father, Charlie Chaplin, in a staging of Somerset Maugham's Rain.
• He starred in Philbert, an innovative 1964 TV pilot for ABC, which combined live action camera work and animation.
• He appeared in many films and television series as Perry Mason, The Smurfs, Jefferson Drum among others.
• In 2004, TV Guide recognized his portrayal of Martin Lane on The Patty Duke Show as No. 39 on its list of 50 Greatest TV Dads.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 8 May 2016