Feliciano Lopez wins 2016 Swiss Open Gstaad
The 2016 Swiss Open Gstaad was the 49th edition of the Swiss Open, and a part of the ATP World Tour 250 Series of the 2016 ATP World Tour.
Top-seeded Feliciano Lopez of Spain on 24 July 2016 defeated Robin Haase of the Netherlands 6-4, 7-5 to win the 2016 Swiss Open Gstaad.
It is Lopez’s first title on clay and his fifth overall.
Who is Feliciano Lopez?
• Feliciano Lopez is a professional tennis player on the ATP Tour.
• He achieved his career-high singles ranking of world no. 12 in March 2015.
• He has appeared in more consecutive majors than anyone, dating back to the 2002 French Open.
• In 2005, he was the first male Spanish tennis player to reach the quarterfinals of Wimbledon since 1972. He repeated the feat in 2008 and 2011.
• He was the winner of the 2004 Vienna Open, the 2010 Johannesburg Open and the Eatsbourne open in 2013 and 2014.
About Swiss Open
• The Swiss Open is a tennis tournament held in Gstaad, Switzerland.
• It is held since 1915.
• The tournament is played on outdoor clay courts.
• The 2016 Swiss Open Gstaad was the 49th edition of the Swiss Open, and a part of the ATP World Tour 250 Series of the 2016 ATP World Tour.
• Austria’s Dominic Thiem was the winner of the 2015 Swiss Open Gstaad.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App