First meeting of Committee on Cultural Harmony Conclave held in New Delhi
The meeting was attended by noted personalities like sarod player Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, actor Tom Alter, Ghazal singer Penaj Masani and Punjabi singer Hans Raj Hans.
The first meeting of the Committee on Cultural Harmony Conclave under the HamariDharohar Scheme was held on 25 February 2017 in New Delhi.
The meeting was chaired by the Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
The meeting was attended by several renowned artists, musicians, writers. They discussed strategies to promote India’s rich cultural diversity of minorities.
About HamariDharohar Scheme
Ministry of Minority Affairs launched the HamariDharohar Scheme to preserve the rich culture and heritage of the minority communities of India.
The scheme has five objectives. They are –
i. To curate rich heritage of minorities under overall concept of Indian Culture
ii. Curating iconic exhibitions
iii. Preservation of literature and documents.
iv. Support and promotion of calligraphy.
v. Research and Development.
Activities to be covered under the scheme are –
• Curating exhibitions including iconic exhibitions
• Support and promotion of calligraphy
• Preservation of literature, documents and manuscripts
• Documentation of oral traditions and art forms
• Support to ethnic museums
• Support for organizing heritage related seminars and workshops
• Fellowship for research in preservation of heritage and development
The Knowledge Partners of the scheme are
• Archeological Survey of India
• National Museum, Delhi
• National Archives of India, New Delhi
• National Gallery of Modern Arts (NGMA)
• Indira Gandhi National Centre of Arts (IGNCA)
• United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
• Indian National Trust for Arts and Cultural heritage (INTACH)
• World Monument Fund