Forbes on 23 August 2016 released the list of The World's Highest-Paid Actresses 2016. Jennifer Lawrence topped the Forbes magazine list for the second straight year with earnings of 46 million US dollars.
Indian actress Deepika Padukone is the only newcomer to the World’s Highest-Paid Actresses list and the only Indian star to make the cut.
Highlights of the list
• The list is topped by Hunger Games star Jennifer Lawrence with 46 million US dollars in her pocket.
• The second position is grabbed by Ghostbusters star Melissa McCarthy (33 million US dollars) followed by Scarlett Johansson (25 million US dollars) and Jennifer Aniston (21 million US dollars) at third and fourth position respectively.
• Chinese actress Fan Bingbing (17 million US dollars) took the fifth spot in the list.
• This year, Sandra Bullock, Angelina Jolie, Reese Witherspoon and Kristen Stewart are drop-offs from the 2015 list.
• 30 percent of the list hail from outside the US; while Charlize Theron, a dual citizen of South African and the US returns to the list for the first time since 2013.
• India’s Deepika Padukone is the only newcomer to the ranking and the only Indian in the list. She joined the list with Bollywood hits such as Bajirao Mastani.
• Together, the world’s 10 highest-paid actresses tallied a combined 205 million US dollars between June 2015 and June 2016, before fees and taxes.
• Half of the list is filled by women with the age over 40 and Jennifer Lawrence is the youngest list member and the only one under 30 years.
• There were also some noteworthy near misses: Kristen Wiig, Renée Zellweger and Cate Blanchett all narrowly missed the 10 million US dollars cut off for this year’s ranking.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: List released by Forbes
When: 23 August 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.