Former Union Minister Khurshed Alam Khan died at the age of 95 on 20 July 2013. He was the father of Union External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.
About Khurshed Alam Khan
• He served as the Minister if State in the Governments led by former Prime Ministers of India, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi. As an Union Minister, he had held portfolios of education, textiles, tourism, transport besides external affairs
• He served as Governor of Goa and Karnataka in 1989 and 1991 respectively
• He served as the member of Parliament for 15 years of which, he served as the member of Rajya Sabha from 1974-1984
• He was one among the people, who were responsible in creation of Jamia Milia Islamia University as an independent University, through a parliamentary law
• He served as a Chancellor at Jamia Milia Islamia University
• He represented from Farrukhabad in Lok Sabha between 1984 and 1989
• He was born in Pitaura village in Farrukhabad district of Uttar Pradesh
• Khurshed Alam Khan, was the son-in-law of late President Zakir Hussain
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.