86 years old Former West Bengal Governor and industrialist Viren J Shah died in Jordan on 9 March 2013 after a heart attack. Viren Shah went on for holiday to Jordan with his wife where suffered the heart attack.
A brief insight into Viren Shah’s Political Career
• Viren Shah was elected to Parliament from Junagadh in Gujarat in 1967.
• He was also member of the Rajya Sabha twice from 1975 to 1981 and from 1990 to 1996.
• He was the Governor of West Bengal from 1999 to 2004.
• He was the former Chairman and Managing Director of Mukund Ltd, engaged in steel business, and held the position for 27 years from 1972 to 1999.
• He was also the former treasurer of BJP.
Viren Shah was born in Calcutta on 12 May 1926 and was educated at Bombay University. He is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.