Good Governance Day being observed to mark Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Birthday
The initiatives to be launched include RRFAMS, PRISM, the announcement of E-Service Book, EO App on iPhone Operating System and more.
25 December: Good Governance Day
Good Governance Day is being observed across India on 25 December 2016. The day is observed to mark the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee who has turned 92.
To mark the occasion, a Good Governance campaign will be undertaken for 100 days. During this campaign, ministers and members of Parliament will travel across India and attend programmes that highlight the key initiatives of the government.
Besides, six major initiatives will be launched by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions. The initiatives include
• Immovable Property Return through Property Related Information System (PRISM)
• Recruitment Rules Formation, Amendment Monitoring System (RRFAMS)
• Announcement of E-Service Book
• Mandatory online filing of APAR by all All India Services and Central Group A Service Officers
• Launching of redesigned website of Department of Personnel and Training
The endeavour of the government is to improve delivery systems, to promote digital transformation and take forward the connectivity revolution in all sectors.
The Good Governance Day was established in 2014 with an aim to honour former PM Vajpayee by fostering awareness among Indians about the accountability of governance. The concept of the day encompasses two fundamental elements accountability and transparency.