Union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Arjun Ram Meghwal on September 24, 2018 inaugurated the two-day National Orientation workshop on National e-Vidhan Application (NeVA).
On the same occasion, Meghwal also launched the new website of the NeVA and administered the Swachhata Pledge to over 200 delelgates, which included senior officers from Secretariats of Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, 31 Legislative Assemblies and 7 Legislative Councils.
National Orientation workshop on NeVA
• The Orientation Workshop would include technical sessions and group discussions over 2 days.
• It would facilitate exposure for the delegates about the positive attributes of NeVA; deliberations on issues faced by different State Legislatures in implementation of e-Vidhan and finding solutions thereof.
• The focus of the workshop would be to encourage all State Legislatures to move towards e-Vidhan platform and bring in transparency, accountability and responsiveness in their conduct of business.
National e-Vidhan Application (NeVA)
• NeVA is a member-centric, decentralised digital application that makes information available on digital platform about day to day functioning of Legislative Houses covering.
• NeVA, a Rs 739 Crore project, aims to bring legislatures on digital platform, covering all Houses.
• It is to be used by the Legislatures as well as all the Government Departments.
• Information provided on the platform:
o List of Business (LOB)
o Starred/ Unstarred Questions including reply by the Departments (Q&A)
o Bills: Introduced/ Consideration & Passing
o Synopsis of Proceedings
o House Proceedings-Verbatim
o Committees Reports
o Rules & Procedures
o Digital Library
o Provisional Calendar
o Reference material
o Rotation of Ministries
o Press Releases
• It will increase transparency, accountability; and decrease the scope of corruption in the functioning of House.
• The application would host a secure page for each Member of the House for submitting Questions & other Notices.
NeVA Mobile App
• The mNeVA (NeVA mobile app) is a device neutral and user friendly app that has made information on conduct of business in Legislatures accessible anytime, anywhere to everyone.
• It is a work-flow based app deployed in Cloud (Meghraj) which helps the Chair of the House to conduct the proceedings of the House smoothly.
• It also helps the members to carry out their duties in the House efficiently.
• The App is available for download from Play store and App store for Android and iOS mobiles respectively.
• Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Tamil Nadu, Sikkim, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Puducherry, Manipur Assemblies have already started using the application.
• e-Vidhan is a Mission Mode Project to digitise and make the functioning of State Legislatures paperless.
• This is part of Digital India programme of the Union Government.
• The Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs is the Nodal Ministry for this project.
• The Ministry aims to roll out e-Vidhan as NeVA covering all 40 Houses including two Houses of Parliament and thereby putting all them on a single platform and proving the theory of ‘One Nation One Application’.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.