Gumthala Garhu near Pehowa on 3 September 2016 became the first Wifi hotspot village in Haryana circle under the bulk plan of BSNL for the state.
The service was inaugurated by state Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar from Chandigarh.
Gumthala Garhu is located on Ambala-Kaithal-Hisar road and has a population of 11000.
The BSNL Haryana circle plans to have 238 Wifi hotspot locations with 1072 access points in the state. The project will be implemented to its full capacity during the current financial year.
• The Wifi hotspot facility at the village uses bandwidth of 10 mbps through BSNL’s state-of-the-art network.
• Ten outdoor and one indoor access points have been installed to cover the village.
• The coverage from each access point is about 100 meters.
• Data can be accessed by multiple users simultaneously.
• The system at the village is set up at the cost of 8.59 rupees lakh that has been funded by village panchayat, MLA fund and contributions by the villagers.
• The gram panchayats in Haryana are being connected as part of the National Optical Fibre Network Programme under Digital India Programme.
• In Haryana, 6078 gram panchayats will be connected under this ambitious programme in a phased manner.
• Under phase one, work is in progress in 90 blocks and 90% of it has already been completed.
• In phase two, work will commence in 24 blocks and it will be completed by the end of 2016.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.