Harjinder Singh was on 10 January 2018 appointed as the Chef De Mission of Indian Contingent participating in the 23rd Winter Olympic Games to be held in Pyeongchang, South Korea in February 2018.
Singh's appointment was confirmed by the Indian Olympic Association (IOA).
Currently, Singh holds the post of General Secretary in the Ice Hockey Association of India.
2018 Winter Olympics
• The 2018 Winter Olympics, officially known as the XXIII Olympic Winter Games is scheduled to take place from 9 to 25 February 2018 in Pyeongchang County, South Korea.
• Pyeongchang was announced as the host city of the winter games on 6 July 2011 by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) after the 123rd IOC Session in Durban, South Africa.
• Pyeongchang won its bid on the first round of voting, receiving more votes than both Munich & Germany and Annecy & France combined.
• This will be the second time for South Korea to host the Olympic Games. Seoul hosted the Summer Games in 1988.
• Pyeongchang will be the third Asian city to host the Winter Games; the first two were Sapporo, Japan (1972) and Nagano, Japan (1998).
The 2014 Winter Olympic was held in Sochi, Russia and at the expense of USD 51 billion, which made it the most expensive Olympics in history.
Beijing chosen to host 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics
Who: Harjinder Singh
When: 10 January 2018
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.