Harm Ohlmeyer was on 7 March 2017 appointed as Chief Financial Officer of Adidas with effect from May 2017. He will succeed Robin Stalker, who served the post for 16 years.
Presently, Ohlmeyer is serving as the Head of the global eCommerce business of Adidas.
This appointment is the second executive change at Adidas since activist shareholders bought stakes in the company in 2015 after its shares tumbled following a series of profit warnings as it failed to keep pace with US rival Nike.
Earlier, Herbert Hainer was replaced as Chief Executive Officer in October 2016 by Kaspar Rorsted, the Danish former Chief of consumer goods group Henkel.
About Harm Ohlmeyer
• Harm Ohlmeyer, a German, joined Adidas in 1998 and gained extensive experience in the areas of Finance and Sales.
• He served various roles in Adidas including Head of finance for the core Adidas brand.
• He held the position of SVP Finance of TaylorMade-Adidas Golf from 2004 to 2006 in Carlsbad, California.
• He took over as the Head of eCommerce business of Adidas in 2011.
• From 2014 to 2016, he held additional responsibility as SVP Sales Strategy and Excellence.
• He also played a key role in efforts to make Adidas more digital, increasing ecommerce sales to USD 1.1 billion.
• He is a passionate triathlete and football fan.
About Adidas Group
• Adidas is Herzogenaurach, Bavaria based German Multinational Corporation that designs and manufactures sports shoes, clothing and accessories.
• It is the largest sportswear manufacturer in Europe and the second biggest in the world after Nike.
• Adidas Group also has its subsidiary in India as Adidas India which consists of the Reebok sportswear company, TaylorMade-Adidas golf company, Rockport and 9.1 percent of Football Club Bayern Munich.
Who: Harm Ohlmeyer
When: 7 March 2017