Haryana: Fitment of auto-dippers mandatory in vehicles
Four-wheelers which are registered would be fitted with the auto-dipper compatible with a head lamp that complies with the requirement of Rule 106 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989.
Haryana Government in November 2016 made the fitting of auto-dippers mandatory in four-wheel transport vehicles as a road safety measure. It was done in accordance with the terms of Rule 106 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989.
The State Transport Department informed that no four wheeled transport vehicles would be registered by the Registering authorities or authorised dealers unless the auto-dippers compatible with head lamps are fitted.
• All registered four-wheeled transport vehicles would be fitted with the auto-dipper compatible with the head lamp.
• The auto-dipper to be fitted should be approved by the Transport Department on the basis of the technology under license from the National Research Development Corporation (NRDC).
• While submitting the application for approval of the auto-dipper by the Transport Department (Regulatory Wing), the manufacturer will have to declare that
a) Functioning of the auto dipper is compatible with headlamps working as per AIS: 034
b) There should not be any tampering with the original wiring/electric circuits of the vehicles.
• The authorised distributor of the manufacturer will also have to attach the documents regarding Vat number, sale tax, patent certificate and hologram, details of manufacturing unit, registered office address, dealer network and service network in the State.
• The authorised dealer will also have to submit one sample of the auto-dipper with the application. This would help in inspecting and verify the quality of the dipper.