The Haryana government in Month of June 2013 has notified a new Communication and Connectivity which is intended at encouraging use of latest technology advancements in the telecom and communication sector.
Benefits of the New Communication Infra Policy
The policy is designed to encourage the use of latest technology advancements in the telecom sector such as Fibre to the Home (FTTH) and innovative business models such as the Open Access Network (OAN) where physical access to the network is separated from the delivery of services.
• The New Communication Infra Policy is directed towards bringing uniformity in guidelines and parameters for laying telecom and communication infrastructure in the state.
• Policy is meant to bring uniformity in rules, guidelines and parameters for laying communication infrastructure.
• The policy will also ensure communication infrastructure providers adhere to various safety standards or norms like radiation norms as envisaged by the Centre.
• Under this policy, it will also be encouraged to set up telecom and communication infrastruture in non-congested areas.
• Any telecom infrastructure provider registered with the Department of Telecommunications or an infrastructure provider duly authorised by a licensee to lay communication and connectivity infrastructure is eligible to seek permission under this policy.