Rising shuttler H S Prannoy on 24 July 2017 defeated Parupalli Kashyap to clinch the $120000 US Open Grand Prix Gold in Anaheim, California.
Prannoy defeated Kashyap 21-15 20-22 21-12 in the summit clash, which lasted an hour and five minutes.
In the women’s singles category of the tournament, Aya Ohori of Japan won the final by defeating Michelle Li of Canada.
The 2017 US Open Grand Prix Gold was the eleventh Grand Prix’s badminton tournament of the 2017 BWF Grand Prix and overall eight Grand Prix Gold title of 2017 BWF Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament.
About HS Prannoy
• Born on 17 July 1992, Prannoy Haseena Sunil Kumar is an Indian badminton player.
• He currently trains at the Gopichand Badminton Academy in Hyderabad.
• He originally hails from Thiruvananthapuram and is the Indian number 2 (as of 2 April 2015) in badminton.
• He came to prominence after winning the silver medal in Boys' singles at 2010 Summer Youth Olympics.
• He plays for the Mumbai Rockets franchise in the 2017 season of the Premier Badminton League.
Who: HS Prannoy
When: 24 July 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports