China-based Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd on 20 May 2015 launched LiteOS operating sytem meant for Internet of Things (IoT) based devices.
Huawei, a multinational networking and telecommunications equipment and services company, launched the technology at the Huawei Network Congress (HNC) 2015 held in Beijing, China.
Features of LiteOS
• It is the world’s most lightweight IoT OS with a size of 10KB.
• It supports zero configuration, auto-discovery and auto-networking.
• It can be widely applied to different areas including smart homes, wearables, connected vehicles and other industries.
• It helps to simplify the development of smart hardware to enhance IoT connectivity.
• It will be opened to all developers, which enables them to quickly develop their own IoT products.
The technology is part of the Agile Internet of Things (IoT) solution, which consists of three core components viz., Agile IoT gateway, Agile Controller and LiteOS, developed to augment the digitization of areas such as production, manufacturing and logistics.
About Internet of Things
IoT refers to a network of internet connected devices which are embedded with electronic sensors and data transmitting technologies. By using the Internet, the data collected by sensors in the IoT devices like cars, power systems and even as small as tooth brushes transmitted to other networked devices and data processing systems. Thus, the information generated by processing the data will be used by the companies and individuals to make better decisions.
As per an estimate, there will be roughly 100 billion IoT based devices in the world by 2025, with 2 million new sensors deployed every hour.
In India, the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) released the Draft Internet of Things (IoT) policy in November 2014 to develop business opportunities in this emerging technology.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 20 May 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.