The Indian Air Force conducts one of its biggest war exercises 'Gaganshakti' from April 8 to April 22, 2018 to check its operational preparedness for dealing with any possible security challenges from China and Pakistan.
Gaganshakti, a force level exercise, is conducted once in every two years. This two-week long exercise will involve almost the entire resources of the IAF including its fighter squadrons.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
Gaganshakti Exercise 2018
• The drills will be conducted day and night to check war waging capability of the force.
• The first phase of the exercise will focus on Northern borders and second phase will be carried out to check preparedness in case of a war-like situation along the Western borders.
• More than 15000 IAF personnel including 300 officers will be involved in the exercise along with over 1100 aircraft of the force.
• For the first time, indigenously manufactured Tejas LCA fighter jets will participate in the exercise.
• It will focus on flexible use of airspace, joint maritime air operations with the Indian Navy, joint operations with the Indian Army and simulated combat search.
• It will also test the rescue process for effective extraction of downed aircrew behind enemy lines and mass casualty evacuation from highway.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.