ICICI Bank launched iWork@Home programme for its women employees
iWork@Home is an information and communication technology initiative and will enables employees work from home.
ICICI Bank on 7 March 2016 launched iWork@Home programme for its women employees to prevent them from dropping out of its workforce.
The iWork@Home is an information and communication technology initiative and will enable employees work from home.
Features of iWork@Home
• It allows women employees to have access to their required operating systems in a safe and secure manner by creating a seamless office-like environment.
• By using the platform, employees can carry out multiple tasks that include checking documents for loan disbursement, image-based verification of cheques for clearance and processing of export-import documents for payments, etc.
• It was developed in-house by ICICI Bank in partnership with students from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi.
• To address data security and privacy related issues, facial recognition technology is incorporated that will scan the face to ascertain identity.
• Women in all roles, except those in direct customer-facing ones, would be eligible for this initiative based on their life stage needs.
• These would include young mothers, expectant mothers, those suffering from medical conditions among others.
• Initially, the facility will be available for one year and can be extended beyond the period based on the requirements of the employee.
• At present, the bank has about 30 per cent women in its overall workforce.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App