The 3rd edition of India International Science Festival (IISF) 2017 will be held in Chennai during from 13 October 2017 to 16 October 2017.
The Festival will be held at various venues, which include Anna University, Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI), Structural Engineering Research Centre (SERC), National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) and IIT-Madras.
The India International Science Festival is organised jointly by the Union Ministry of Science and Technology, Union Ministry of Earth Sciences and Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA).
Aim of the festival
• The prime objective of the IISF 2017 is to instil scientific temper among the masses and showcasing India’s contribution in the field of science and technology over the years.
• It aims to build a strategy for rural India through the advancement of Science and Technology.
• The festival also intends to make innovation beneficial for the people and develop technology that is affordable to the masses.
• On the other hand, India has declared 2010-20 as the ‘Decade of Innovation’.
Major Activities during the Festival will be:
• Special Thematic Session on Deep Ocean Research
• Science & Technology Minister’s Conclave
• Sensitizing Youth to Flagship Programs of Government (SYPOG)
• Science Village: Parliament to Panchayat
• National Meet on ‘Social Organisations and Institutions’: ‘Transforming India through Science & Technology’
• Women Scientists & Entrepreneur’s Conclave
• National Science Teachers Workshops (Focusing North East States)
• Industry Academia Interaction
• Mega Science, Technology & Industry Expo
• India International Science Festival
• Grassroots Innovators Summit
• National Start-up Summit
• Round Table Meet on Mass Communication
• World Record attempt will be made in "Largest Biology Lesson"
• National Level Competitions – Ideas for Bharat Nirman
• Outreach Programme in R&D Labs
• Satellite Seminars
• Cultural Events
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.