India and Kyrgyzstan on 20 December 2016 signed 6 agreements/Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) to boost bilateral cooperation.
The agreements were signed in New Delhi during the State visit of Kyrgyzstan President Almazbek Atambaye.
Details related to Agreements/MoUs
1. MoU on cooperation in the field of Tourism: It was signed between the Ministry of Tourism of India and the Ministry of Culture, Information and Tourism of the Government of Kyrgyz Republic. Its objective is to mutually develop tourism as a major engine for economic growth and employment.
2. Agreement on cooperation in the field of Agriculture and Food Industry: Its objective is to facilitate cooperation in this field. The agreement also boosts trade opportunities for India in agriculture commodities.
3. MoU on cooperation in the field of Youth development: The agreement was signed between the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and the state agency of Youth Affairs, Physical Education and Sports of Kyrgyzstan.
The MoU facilitates deepening of mutual understanding between the representatives of the younger generation of both countries and developing programmes for young entrepreneurs.
4. MoU on cooperation between Foreign Service Institute, MEA, New Delhi and Diplomatic Academy of MOFA of Kyrgyzstan: The agreement will promote contacts and exchange of students, faculty members and experts in the field of diplomacy.
5. MoU in the field of cooperation in youth exchange between NCC of India and Military Lyceum of Kyrgyzstan: It seeks to have a country to a country exchange of cadets/youths to participate in youth activities.
It also creates an increased awareness and appreciation of socio-cultural and socio-economic realities prevailing in each other’s countries among the cadets.
6. MoU on cooperation in the field of Broadcasting and exchange of audiovisual programmes: The MoU was signed between Prasar Bharati of India and Public Broadcast Corporation of Kyrgyzstan.
It strives for development and strategy of mutual friendly relations and strengthening of cooperation in the field of broadcasting and exchange programmes in the field of education, science, entertainment, sports and news of common interest.
Where: New Delhi
When: 20 December 2016